Folfox7 2 down 10 to go

Comments

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Tom M. said:

Surgery date now 14January

Surgery date now 14January and pre op testing is on the 31st of December. Surgeon says she's confident she will get it all. I feel good about the whole thing. Looking forward to being a long term survivor. February 14 will be my 1 year anniversary of my diagnosis. Good luck to you Snap Dragon2. You will do fine.

If you have a surgeon

If you have a surgeon speaking that confidently, you're in good shape for this gig. Mine was a stone wall, not much warmth or encouragement. Best part comes when you wake and know that it's done and all you have to do is heal up and go forward. Merry Christmas and Godspeed on this procedure and your recovery.....................................................Dave

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Tom M. said:

Surgery date now 14January

Surgery date now 14January and pre op testing is on the 31st of December. Surgeon says she's confident she will get it all. I feel good about the whole thing. Looking forward to being a long term survivor. February 14 will be my 1 year anniversary of my diagnosis. Good luck to you Snap Dragon2. You will do fine.

Bumped

I have bumped you over a week on my calendar. 

I am wishing you a Happy New year. 

Tru

• Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member

Has got to be better then my

Has got to be better then my liver surgeries. A foot down and a foot to the right really leaves a big thing to heal up, not to mention the cutting of major muscle nerves that won't be healing back. It also lead to major hernia surgery after treatment. The onc/surgeon said after that had he known the exact situation with the mets, he wouldn't have had to "go big". Cold comfort, but hey, I'm here and clear over five years later, so I'm not complaining. I hope the same for you, Tom, that you too get to this point where it's all hazy memories..............................................................Dave

Thank you Dave. God bless.

Thank you Dave. God bless.

• Tom M.
    Trubrit said:

Bumped

I have bumped you over a week on my calendar. 

I am wishing you a Happy New year. 

Tru

Thanks Tru. Always love

Thanks Tru. Always love hearing from you.

• Tom M.

If you have a surgeon

If you have a surgeon speaking that confidently, you're in good shape for this gig. Mine was a stone wall, not much warmth or encouragement. Best part comes when you wake and know that it's done and all you have to do is heal up and go forward. Merry Christmas and Godspeed on this procedure and your recovery.....................................................Dave

I feel really good about the

I feel really good about the whole thing Dave. I have since day one. I'm not backing down to anything. Thanks for your support.

• Tom M.
    Tom M. said:

Thanks Tru. Always love

Thanks Tru. Always love hearing from you.

Merry Christmas to all my

Merry Christmas to all my brothers and sisters on this site. God be with us all as we March on.

• Tom M.
    Tru or Kim, I haven't seen

Tru or Kim, I haven't seen JanJan on here lately.

• Trubrit
    Tom M. said:

Tru or Kim, I haven't seen

Tru or Kim, I haven't seen JanJan on here lately.

JanJan

Sadly our dear Jan passed away in September. 

She fought well, and while our hearts are broken, we can be assured that she did not lose any battle, but moved on. 

May we all have her strengh. She suffered more than most, and bullied on until the end. 

Here is the link we posted about her passing JanJan.

Take heart! She would not want any of us discouraged.

Tru 

• Tom M.
    Trubrit said:

JanJan

Sadly our dear Jan passed away in September. 

She fought well, and while our hearts are broken, we can be assured that she did not lose any battle, but moved on. 

May we all have her strengh. She suffered more than most, and bullied on until the end. 

Here is the link we posted about her passing JanJan.

Take heart! She would not want any of us discouraged.

Tru 

I'm so saddened to hear this.

I'm so saddened to hear this. May she rest in peace. I will remember her and her family in my prayers. God rest her soul.

• Steelkiwi686
    Steelkiwi686 Member Posts: 73 Member
    Cheering you on

Hi Tom M

Just had to drop a note saying you are often in my thoughts and I am cheering you on from the sideline, along with many others. 
    Your strength and determination during this journey is inspiring.

Looking forward to hearing updates once surgery is behind you.

Steel

• Tom M.

Cheering you on

Hi Tom M

Just had to drop a note saying you are often in my thoughts and I am cheering you on from the sideline, along with many others. 
    Your strength and determination during this journey is inspiring.

Looking forward to hearing updates once surgery is behind you.

Steel

Thanks Steel, we're all in

Thanks Steel, we're all in this together, attitude is paramount. I'll post after the liver surgery one week from today.

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member
    Tom, the day you are having surgery

I will be at MD Anderson meeting with my surgeon to see if I am going to follow you with lap liver mets surgery.   Soooooooo........I'll race you to NED buddy! Cool

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    I wish you much luck on your

I wish you much luck on your surgeries... I'll keep you in my prayers.

• Tom M.
    edited January 2020 #95

Tom, the day you are having surgery

I will be at MD Anderson meeting with my surgeon to see if I am going to follow you with lap liver mets surgery.   Soooooooo........I'll race you to NED buddy! Cool

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me.

• Tom M.
    AnneO1965 said:

I wish you much luck on your

I wish you much luck on your surgeries... I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thank you Anne. Prayers are

Thank you Anne. Prayers are always welcome.

• Tom M.
    edited January 2020 #97
    Post procedure

Well my friends January 14th has come and passed. When they had the scope in there it seems a couple of lesions were in an area that were hard to get at on the back of the liver. To make a long story short I will go back on some chemo and have to have a more aggressive surgery at a later date. Yes I was disappointed however I feel really good therefore I refuse to get down. I trust in my doctors. My faith is strong as I continue to move forward in a positive direction with it all. Any input on this is most welcome. When I know more, you all will know more.  Tom

• Tom M.
    Post procedure

I forgot to mention, she also took a biopsy.

• Trubrit
    Happy....

to hear that you are feeling well.

Sorry about the stubborn leisons and the ongoing chemo. But, you know we've all beent here and will be with you as you move forward. 

Take good care as you heal. It is easy to overdo it too early. 

Tru

• Tom M.
    Trubrit said:

Happy....

to hear that you are feeling well.

Sorry about the stubborn leisons and the ongoing chemo. But, you know we've all beent here and will be with you as you move forward. 

Take good care as you heal. It is easy to overdo it too early. 

Tru

Many questions

I have a follow-up visit with the surgeon on the 28th. I'm writing down questions for that visit. The laparoscopic diagnosis gave her a more detailed look as to my situation. She mentioned being opened up with a combination of cutting and ablation for the next procedure. I'm learning so much through all this. Attitude, attitude, attitude. I'm in this to win it.

• Trubrit
    Ablation

I had an ablation - probably told you that before - and it was a doddle.  Tiny incisions as opposed to the huge incision our resection friends have had.  The only problem I had after about three days of mild discomfort, was remembering that I had had liver surgery, and not doing too much.  

I hope that ablation is on the table for you. 

And yes, attitude is HUGE and you've got it. 

Tru