Update and apology

Hi Ladies, I  so apologize for my lack of communication in the past few months and so sorry to have worried u all! Though I'm so grateful beyond words for all the advice, support and encouragement you all have given me , you all mean so much to me, I started becoming very anxious reading posts of those having recurrences and complications.  I hope you are well! I have kept you all in my prayers and have thought of u all often over the past few months and will continue! 

I'm so thankful to tell you that yes I had my last treatment! Yay! I couldn't have ever got through it all with all of you ladies support along with my husband's.  I was more tired with the last treatment but feeling well now and was able to enjoy the holidays.i I.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and enjoyed time with your families and friends! This year those beautiful Christmas lights seemed to twinkle a bit more than usual. 

So much to be grateful for! 

Tomorrow I return to work after 7 long months.  I'm excited and anxious all at once. Especially about returning with a wig on. I know it will be an adjustment period but hopeful after a week or two it will be all as !

I wish you all a very Happy,  healthy, blessed New Year!!! 

I hope this post finds u all well and your year is off to a great start!

All the best,Michelle 

Comments

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Congratulations!!! No one

Congratulations!!! No one should ever feel bad for putting their mental health first. Cancer forums can be life saving, both mentally and physically, but we all need a break sometimes from cancer talk. I'm glad you realized it and took care if yourself :)

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Lisa is right

First and foremost you need to take care of yourself, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  Thanks for coming back with your update.  So glad to hear you're feeling better and getting back to work.  Congratulations!

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    So happy for you that you

So happy for you that you have finished treatment.  And don't worry, the hair grows back - mine came in as a curly, low-maintenance style.

I totally understand your having taken a break.  Glad to hear you're doing well.

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Its good to here from you. It

Its good to here from you. It is ok to take a break from here when you need one. I too am glad you took care of yourself

Im glad you finished treatment and get to go back to work.  I wish you well as you go forward.

Janae

• Harmony09
    Harmony09 Member Posts: 79
    Nice to Hear

Hello Michelle,

I am glad you are done with Treatment and headed back to work. It's been interesting for me to have a new perspective on my life after cancer and the things I used to take for granted. I'm sure most can relate as well. I too understand the need to take a break from the discussion boards. The MOST effective tool against the recurrence of cancer, that I have discovered through research and conversations with medical personnel, is the Mind. I was seriously angry with my doctor when I initially discussed my options in case of recurrence, because all he had to offer were things that may or may not work and a story about a clinical trial done with children. Long story short, that story is exactly what I believe has kept me free from cancer after my treatments, which will be 2 years this May 2020. I had to take a break from the discussion boards for a little bit too. I was finishing up with chemo, going through a divorce, and moving back in with my parents at the time I realized I was fixating on negative outcomes. I needed a break from all the things having to do with cancer that I could, so I could gain a better attitude. It's not that the discussion boards are negative, yet I was unable to see anything without spiraling thoughts of dispair and doom. I have been to a wonderful therapist and have been able to slow down and enjoy my life and Mind, a day at a time. For many years, I thought I knew what that meant. Today, I can honestly say that there are a few things that I am grateful for, that I would not have experienced, had I not been diagnosed with cancer. I hope you keep feeling better a day at a time too! :)

Sincerely,

Stacey

• Feelingalone74
    Feelingalone74 Member Posts: 243

Lisa is right

First and foremost you need to take care of yourself, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  Thanks for coming back with your update.  So glad to hear you're feeling better and getting back to work.  Congratulations!

Your Welcome  Friday's Child!

Your Welcome  Friday's Child! 

Thank you!

Hope you are well!

• Feelingalone74
    LisaPizza said:

Congratulations!!! No one

Congratulations!!! No one should ever feel bad for putting their mental health first. Cancer forums can be life saving, both mentally and physically, but we all need a break sometimes from cancer talk. I'm glad you realized it and took care if yourself :)

Thank you so much LisaPizza!

Thank you so much LisaPizza! :-)

I hope you are well!

• Feelingalone74
    zsazsa1 said:

So happy for you that you

So happy for you that you have finished treatment.  And don't worry, the hair grows back - mine came in as a curly, low-maintenance style.

I totally understand your having taken a break.  Glad to hear you're doing well.

Thanks so much Zsazsa1! :-)

Thanks so much Zsazsa1! :-)

I can't wait for my hair to grow back...wigs are so itchy! Couldn't wait to get home from work and take it off. :-)

I hope you are well!

• Feelingalone74
    janaes said:

Its good to here from you. It

Its good to here from you. It is ok to take a break from here when you need one. I too am glad you took care of yourself

Im glad you finished treatment and get to go back to work.  I wish you well as you go forward.

Janae

Thank you so much Janae! :-)

Thank you so much Janae! :-)

I hope you are well!

• Feelingalone74
    edited January 2020 #11
    Stacey, thanks so much!

Stacey, thanks so much!

Congratulation on your 2 years of good health! I hope that continues for you. 

Yes, you're right the discussion board has so much good information  and encouragement  and amazing support from all the wonderful and amazing ladies on here but u can also easily get caught up in the sadness.  I'm thankful you all understand why I had to take a break. I agree with everyone and you that we have to take care of our emotional and mental being foremost so we can paddle through the storms.  

Wishing you well!

• Feelingalone74
    Thank you so much ladies for

Thank you so much ladies for your continued support and understanding why I had to take a break. I wouldnt have felt right just posting about myself and not following and inquiring about others.

I hope you are all doing well!

I wish you all an amazing New Year and a blissful 2020! 

I had a great 1st day back to work! Everyone was so sweet and kind. I feel blessed to have a job to go back to after a 7 month leave!

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Harmony09 said:

Nice to Hear

Hello Michelle,

I am glad you are done with Treatment and headed back to work. It's been interesting for me to have a new perspective on my life after cancer and the things I used to take for granted. I'm sure most can relate as well. I too understand the need to take a break from the discussion boards. The MOST effective tool against the recurrence of cancer, that I have discovered through research and conversations with medical personnel, is the Mind. I was seriously angry with my doctor when I initially discussed my options in case of recurrence, because all he had to offer were things that may or may not work and a story about a clinical trial done with children. Long story short, that story is exactly what I believe has kept me free from cancer after my treatments, which will be 2 years this May 2020. I had to take a break from the discussion boards for a little bit too. I was finishing up with chemo, going through a divorce, and moving back in with my parents at the time I realized I was fixating on negative outcomes. I needed a break from all the things having to do with cancer that I could, so I could gain a better attitude. It's not that the discussion boards are negative, yet I was unable to see anything without spiraling thoughts of dispair and doom. I have been to a wonderful therapist and have been able to slow down and enjoy my life and Mind, a day at a time. For many years, I thought I knew what that meant. Today, I can honestly say that there are a few things that I am grateful for, that I would not have experienced, had I not been diagnosed with cancer. I hope you keep feeling better a day at a time too! :)

Sincerely,

Stacey

So nice to hear from you

So nice to hear from you again :)

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    FeelingAlone and Stacey

Welcome back to both of you!  So thankful to hear you are both thriving. It's a great encouragement!

• Quilter_1
    Quilter_1 Member Posts: 117 Member
    I'm glad to see that you're

I'm glad to see that you're finished with treatment and ready to get back to your life.  May cancer never darken your doorway again.  Enjoy your kiddos at work and enjoy your life.

Linda

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited January 2020 #16
    Feelingalone and Harmony

Feelingalone, I hope that you continue to feel well as you return to teaching. I know that you were sorry to have to leave the classroom during treatment, so going back must be a geat feeling.

And I'm glad that you checked back in with us, Harmony - I can understand how the changes in your personal life took priority over being on the board. But I'm always happy to see your lovely profile pic pop up, along with the update.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 962 Member
    I am happy to see

Feelingalone and Harmony back.  I understand when people need a break from the board.  But I hope that women NEVER feel they cannot come here with negative news.  This is a safe place to talk aout your problems.   As we say, each woman is different.  Just hapy your are both doing well.  

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Feelingalone and Harmony,

I did something similar. I felt I needed to get back into a life at which cancer wasn't the center for a long while. I felt bad that I wasn't contributing regularly here, but also know the incredible folks here would hold the fort and welcome me back when I was ready to check in again. I hope your time apart has and will be renewing, refreshing, and re-energizing.