soundboard

th4rs
th4rs Member Posts: 30 Member

Hello,

I am new to his forum and was diagnosed with sage 3 colin cancer after a colin resection to remove tumor.  It was discovered I have mets to lymph nodes 12/24.  I went to the Doctor yeserday and she said I was "cured" but unfortuinalty have mets to the lymph.   I asked how she was going tohelp me through it and she said gargling with bicarb and zofran.  I  asked about faticghe adn she said fluieds and steriouds.  I will get six months of fluorouracil and oxaliplatin.   Has anyone had this experience?  HOw wa woking through chemo?  

Thanks Robin   

Comments

• worriedson714
    worriedson714 Member Posts: 333 Member
    Dad had same

My dad is stage 3 rectal and had flurouracil and oxaliplatin before surgery and he did good expect for neuropathy which is still a problem good luck to you hoping for the best

• rojay49
    rojay49 Member Posts: 1
    I have stage 4 colorectal

I have stage 4 colorectal with mets to both lungs. I am entering my 3rd year of chemo and have worked full time through it except for 5 weeks off when I had resection. I work at an office. I normally take the day of treatment off and occasionally because of fatigue, have taken the next day off too. From the first round of chemo with oxiplatin, Folfox, I continue to have neuropathy in feet and hands.  I'm now doing another course of Folfiri with which I have the fatigue the most. Hydration is key! I get hydration at the cancer center the day of pump disconnect and then again a week later.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Standard

It sounds like a fairly standard course of treatment.  Chemo hits everyone differently.  Some people work through the whole course of treatment and others feel quite bad.  Probably the best plan is to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  One recommendation you might want to consider now is to be as healthy as possible and to try to put on weight before the chemo starts.  Best of luck to you.

• Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member
    edited January 2020 #5

Where are you from?

• th4rs
    Butt said:

Where are you from?

From

Tucson, AZ 

• th4rs
    edited January 2020 #7
    chemo

Has anyone heard of or tried using adderal/ritilin for fatigue side effects?  

• th4rs
    rojay49 said:

I have stage 4 colorectal

I have stage 4 colorectal with mets to both lungs. I am entering my 3rd year of chemo and have worked full time through it except for 5 weeks off when I had resection. I work at an office. I normally take the day of treatment off and occasionally because of fatigue, have taken the next day off too. From the first round of chemo with oxiplatin, Folfox, I continue to have neuropathy in feet and hands.  I'm now doing another course of Folfiri with which I have the fatigue the most. Hydration is key! I get hydration at the cancer center the day of pump disconnect and then again a week later.

chemo

I want to thank you very much for the answer.