Thyroglobulin following hemithyroidectomy

aliris
aliris Member Posts: 1

Hi all - Can anyone tell me "how" concerning it is to have a long-quiescent thyroid suddenly show activity via thyroglobulin?

I can scarcely remember how long ago it was I had a hemithyroidectomy for papillary thy ca -- I guess 25 years ago.  But just now a thyroglobulin test perked up.  It will be 6 weeks before I can be seen by my regular endocrinologist - should I prioritize being seen over the reputation of the physician?  That is:  should I be really worried about this?

TIA.

Comments

• Verge
    Verge Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

Hi,

I'm sorry...I don't have an answer to your question, but I did notice that 368 people have read your post and not commented...

You may not even see this post, because you may have given up checking, but I just need to let you know that you're not alone. Someone is here to talk. 

I do have to say that your prediciment seems concerning. I just had my thyroid removed 6 months ago, and I know that I've been checking my values closely every time I get a blood test. I've also made myself a priority, not just with my doctors, but with myself as well. 

I don't see any harm in doing the same. 

I hope this helps!

VSWR