DeMaus Update

Dear sisters. I heard from our dear Bobbi. She is at home being cared for by dear friends and hospice. Unfortunately she is still suffering a lot of pain. So please pray for her pain to be relieved and her mind to be at peace. Also pray for those who are caring for her. I know you'll wrap your virtual arms around her. 

Comments

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    My heart is heavy

Dear Cheese, thank you for letting us know this. Yes, we will all join in hope for the pain and suffering to cease and for Bobbi to know she is loved by many who never met her but feel a sisterhood that is so strong. I go to this board every day and learn more about strength and courage than at any other place. Our shared disease is not a kind one and each of us draws courage from our pooled strength. Bobbi is one of those who has shared so much to help us all. May the good Lord bless and keep her and may her pain be swept away.

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Heartbroken

I'm having so many different emotions hearing this; I don't think I can find the words. I mad because this is so unfair, heartbroken because I can't believe that it's come to this, guilt-ridden because it's her and not me, and I'm upset to think of her in pain and that it's been going on for as long as it has. Thank you, Bobbi, for all that you've given of yourself here. It will always matter. Love you to infinity and beyond. Find your peace.

Pat

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 961 Member
    Prayers for peace and comfort

Bobbi those are my prayers for you.  And your caregivers who give so much.  xoxo

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Thanks for the update.  

Thanks for the update.   Saying prayers for Bobbi and her caregivers.   

Kathy

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    There in spirit...

While this board is a wonderful resource, including women from many countries, the disadvantage of our geographic separation is especially poignant at times like this when one of our most active and dearly loved members is struggling and we can't be there in person to help. I hope that hospice can manage her pain and that Bobbi's other caregivers and friends provide her with the support she needs now.

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    Bobbi, wishing you peace and

Bobbi, wishing you peace and comfort.  Thank you for all you have contributed to us here.

• Rosesforever
    Rosesforever Member Posts: 44 Member
    So sorry

Selfishly I will miss Bobbi's knowledge & guidance. I wish her peace & comfort on her journey. Sending positive thought. with love as always. 

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Praying for you

I'm so sad to hear this news, and pray that her pain can be managed and her mind at rest.  I appreciate the knowledge and caring that she has shared here.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    I just want

her not to hurt. And to thank her for sharing herself on this site. 

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    Heavy heart

My husband and I are praying daily for Bobbi.  She has been a voice of encouragement, wisdom, practicality and humor to all of us. What a fierce fighter she is!  I often think about what I'd want on that journey, and the answer is that I want to be remembered.  I want to have mattered.  Something I love about this board is that we don't forget the ones who have walked the hard path.  I'm thinking of so many we have lost since I've been reading - Editgrl, Pinky, Linmk, so many.  Here's to all of us - and to bravery and peace.   

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    This part of pur group is soo

This part of pur group is soo sad and hard. I also will not forget Lou Ann and Beccabtown. 

I pray that the hospice team can help Bobbi to be pain free and that she can find peace in her heart.

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Tough news

It's hard to hear that Bobbi is still in pain. Cheese, is there any way could send cards to her? Perhaps through the hospice agency to be respectful of privacy?

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    Bobbi, thank you for all you

Bobbi, thank you for all you have contributed to this board, and the advice and love you have given to all of us. You have made a difference in all of our lives with your wisdom and kind words. Thank you. I pray that you're free of pain and are comforted by the presence of your loved ones and the knowledge that you helped so many.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Bobbi, Thinking of you today

Bobbi, Thinking of you today and always. I hope and pray that you are able to find relief from your pain. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and member of this group. 

Cheese, really appreciate the update. Sure wish it was better news.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Bobbi update

I got a brief message from Bobbi this morning, saying that she is currently pain free! No additional information, but so glad to hear her care team has her pain under control.

• cmb said:

Bobbi update

I got a brief message from Bobbi this morning, saying that she is currently pain free! No additional information, but so glad to hear her care team has her pain under control.

Thank you for the update

I am glad that she sent a message and that she is pain free at this moment.  I hope that things continue to be managed and she can rest.  Hugs Nancy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Glad to hear this news. 

Glad to hear this news.  Thanks CMB.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2019 #19
    Glad to hear she isn't hurting!

Thanks for updating us.

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2019 #20
    cmb said:

Bobbi update

Wonderful News!

Oh, so thankful to hear this!!

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    Thanks CMB and Cheese

I'm so happy to hear that Bobbi is now pain free!  I suspect it may have taken the hospice folks a while to effectively manage her pain, but I'm so glad that they've found a pain-management regimen that is working well.  Continued thoughts, prayers, and big hugs being sent to Bobbi!