It's been a while..

Angie1496
Angie1496 Member Posts: 154

Hey guys!

Its been a while since I have been on this board.  I was diagnosed in August 2017 with a 4.5 CM and had a partial Right Nephrectomy in September 2017.  CCRCC Stage 1 Grade 2.  Fast forward to last Thursday at my scans a small cyst that was being monitored for 2 years took up the dye.  It seems there is a small 2.0 or smaller mass inside the cyst that is now taking the dye.  It also grew slightly from my last scans.  This is considered a new occurence and not a recurrence or metastasis.  I was told CCRCC has a 2 to 4 percent chance of occuring in both kidneys. Not exactly the way I wanted to be in the Top 2%!! I am having a partial nephrectomy on the 16th as well as following with genetic testing and lifelong monitoring.  At least this time I know what to expect with the surgery and recovery.  Not that I am looking foward to it but the only unknowns now are is it also CCRCC or something else.  I hope all you have been doing ok since my last post here. 

Comments

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    welcome back-

Sorry you had to rejoin us under such circumstances, but thanks to your monitoring, you've caught it early. Plus you've already been through it once before and know that you're gonna do great. We're with you and we'll be thinking of you. Please let us know how it goes. 

• Angie1496
    eug91 said:

welcome back-

Sorry you had to rejoin us under such circumstances, but thanks to your monitoring, you've caught it early. Plus you've already been through it once before and know that you're gonna do great. We're with you and we'll be thinking of you. Please let us know how it goes. 

Thank you!  I don't really

Thank you!  I don't really know why I stopped visiting here other than I am in some really good facebook groups and I resumed normal life.  I am grateful for the fact that now I won't have to ask for scans after 5 years!  I was already planning how I could work in regular scans after they deemed me no longer needing them. 

• thingone
    thingone Member Posts: 41 Member
    I am terribly sorry to hear that

I am terribly sorry to hear that. You had successfully gone thought the first one, you will definitely succeed in dealing with the second one. Before my nephrectomy surgery, my doctor told me he did not worry about my kidney mass found in early stage as it is pretty much curable through a surgery procedure. Right after the surgery, he told me I could live another fifty years. Best wishes

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Angie, this is an unpleasant

Angie, this is an unpleasant news, but now you know what to expect, you know it can and will be cured by surgery and that life will go on.

Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted. 

• Janet920
    Janet920 Member Posts: 12 Member
    I wish you well. 

I wish you well. 

• Angie1496
    Than you everyone... Even

Than you everyone... Even with knowing what to expect this time I still find myself having moments of being weepy about it all. 

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Keep Fighting

Not fun going to a second Rodeo. Mine was last week after 17 years NED. No more Prostate. Hopefully this  will ne  the last time repeat performance for you.

icemantoo

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    the moments of weeping are normal

Angie- The mental part of the entire process is taxing and exhausting. You're only human. Just like we have to take care of our bodies, don't forget to take care of your mind and spirit. 

Next time you feel weepy, let yourself be weepy. Let it out. Then maybe treat yourself to something nice. You're gonna get through this and you're gonna do great. We're with you! 

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Well, Angie, glad you

Well, Angie, glad you returned to us, but sorry its another occurance. Are they sure its cancer? Sorry for second guessing. I also have a cyst in the remaining kidney and done with my Urologist/surgeon's follow up. I wonder if I should have it monitored. 

Good luck and let us know how you are doing ok?

Sending you HOPE, COURAGE and HEALING!

Healing hugs,

Jan

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Sending good vibes

To you for hope and healing.