Beach Therapy and Living Life After Cancer...so far!

2»

Comments

• Feelingalone74
    Feelingalone74 Member Posts: 243
    You ladies have given me so

You ladies have given me so much hope that your all feeling great since treatment ended!!!

Can't wait until mine is over and my life starts to feel normal! My husband promises to take me to the ocean....winter or not I'm going! LOL

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member

You ladies have given me so

You ladies have given me so much hope that your all feeling great since treatment ended!!!

Can't wait until mine is over and my life starts to feel normal! My husband promises to take me to the ocean....winter or not I'm going! LOL

Feelingalone,

hold him to his promise Wink! I know that feeling to be on a beach,and the whole ocean is in front of you...heavenly!

• Quilter_1
    Quilter_1 Member Posts: 117 Member
    Great checkup.

Today was my second 3 month follow up appointment, Doc said I was doing great, better than most at this time frame after treatment.  Next visit is December and will include a scan.  I truly feel great. 

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Quilter_1 said:

Great checkup.

Today was my second 3 month follow up appointment, Doc said I was doing great, better than most at this time frame after treatment.  Next visit is December and will include a scan.  I truly feel great. 

Terrific!

That's great. Glad to hear your check up went well.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Quilter_1 said:

Great checkup.

I'm so glad to hear this!

I'm so glad to hear this! Those appointments can sure be nerve-racking. I remember going through that every three months. Please keep us updated and let us know how that December appointment and scan goes.

Love,

Eldri 

• Feelingalone74
    Quilter_1 said:

Great checkup.

Yay!!! Such great news!!! :-)

Yay!!! Such great news!!! :-)

• Feelingalone74

Feelingalone,

hold him to his promise Wink! I know that feeling to be on a beach,and the whole ocean is in front of you...heavenly!

I intend too! Even if it is

I intend too! Even if it is winter! It sure is heavenly.  So peaceful!

• RoseGirl
    RoseGirl Member Posts: 1
    zsazsa1 said:

Bobbi, hang in there!  I

Bobbi, hang in there!  I promise you, it gets better.  I am about 6 months out from last chemo, and about 4 months out from finishing whole pelvic IMRT radiation, and I feel FANTASTIC!  It's at the point where if I have sudden exhaustion, I think, "Why am I tired?  Oh, I had chemo and radiation not that long ago."  But I often now forget I ever had it, and I'm only 4 months out from finishing (most) of the treatment.  Sitll on Herceptin, but no side effects.  I'm walking the dog, sailing, even run a tiny bit with the dog, walked around a new city all day for a couple of days in a row, planning travel.

And I am ashamed to admit that I spent the entire first week after every infusion lying on the couch, binge watching shows to get through.  I don't know how people keep working through chemo and radiation.  I was a total wreck, and an absolute sloth.  And now I feel wonderful!

I think that icing my hands and feet diligently did help me - I have very little neuropathy.  So keep icing during the Taxol infusion.

Please let us know how that the platelets have come up this week.

Zsazsa

Question on icing?

I am brand new to this site.  Diagnosed with Endometrial cancer in August, have undergone the hysterectomy, and am now waiting to being chemo in October.  So, I am not even sure what questions to ask about the chemo drugs, etc. except what previous patients have told me.  And I know all situations are different.  What do you mean by "icing"?  Were your hands and feet hot?  Sorry if this sounds stupid, but maybe you can explain further.  Thank you.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 961 Member
    RoseGirl said:

Question on icing?

I am brand new to this site.  Diagnosed with Endometrial cancer in August, have undergone the hysterectomy, and am now waiting to being chemo in October.  So, I am not even sure what questions to ask about the chemo drugs, etc. except what previous patients have told me.  And I know all situations are different.  What do you mean by "icing"?  Were your hands and feet hot?  Sorry if this sounds stupid, but maybe you can explain further.  Thank you.

We welcome you Rosegirl

And at the same time wish you didn't have to be here.   If you create a new post you will receive lots of advice about chemo.  Many women have walked before you and are so helpful. 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited September 2019 #31
    RoseGirl said:

Question on icing?

Hey Rose Girl. Glad you

Hey Rose Girl. Glad you joined us and so sorry you needed to. There are no stupid questions here! Some of the ladies used ice packs on their hands and feet during chemo to help prevent or minimize neuropathy. Neuropathy is nerve damage typically experienced in our fingers and toes with chemo. I personally did not ice and do have some damage in my toes. Nothing bad, but it is there 4 years later. There is a thread titled 'Ladies Going through chemo' that I think you will find very informative. I hope you have time to read through it.

Also, I'm sure other ladies will be along shortly to address your specific icing question.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 961 Member
    RoseGirl said:

Question on icing?

Underneath

the words Uterine Cancer there is a place to create a new top.

• Quilter_1
    Quilter_1 Member Posts: 117 Member
    RoseGirl said:

Question on icing?

If you know the names of your

If you know the names of your chemo drugs, you can look them up on the internet.  Your nurse coordonator will probably give you a booklet and a “ Chemo 101” course before treatment begin.  No one told me about icing my hands and feet and I have some neuropathy , maybe if I had done that I wouldn’t have neuropathy.  Now, I will never know.  Oh well, I try to live my best life even with annoying feet.  I hope someone here chimes in with information for you.  Read these threads, they are full of information and support.  You can always use Google, too. Best of luck to you.

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    RoseGirl said:

Question on icing?

RoseGirl

I am the poster child for icing!  I learned here on this board to use ice packs on my hands and feet during chemo infusion.  The theory is that the ice narrows the blood vessels in your extremities and prevents the chemo from causing permanent nerve damage, which causes pain and numbness in your hands and feet.  I didn't know about it during my first infusion and had an allergic reaction to the taxol, which caused acute onset neuropathy on my legs up to my knees and hands up to my elbows, as well as two heart arrhythmias.  I landed in the hospital, and my gyn/onc removed the taxol from my next infusion.  She said that regular neuropathy is gradual onset, and that the acute kind often dissipated quickly.  Mercifully, mine did.  I bought icepacks at Target and wrapped my hands and feet in kitchen towels and rubber bands to hold the icepacks on.  I am almost two years out from treatment and very blessed to report that I have no neuropathy at all.  I will be forever grateful to the ladies here for all the tips and knowledge and support.  Please don't think I'm trying to scare you about the taxol - that reaction doesn't happen often, and you will be closely monitored.  It happened to me two days after infusion and I got good care.  My doctor did not mention icing, nor did my chemo nurse.  I did it on my own and I am so glad.  

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 94 Member
    Great post!

It's very uplifting to hear about your recovery.  Keep up the positive attitude.