Just An Update

I had my CT scan today and won't know anything for a day or so. My bloodwork has all come back normal and my CEA count is 2.5..yippeeeee!!! I cried like a baby when the nurse called me with the results. I have never been one to cry easily. Boy, did cancer change that for me.  My CEA has always been a good marker for me thru out this ordeal so I hope the scan will come back with nothing new showing. It feels like I have just held my breath this week waiting on that CEA number to come in. My liver markers are all normal so I am praying the low density areas that were seen on the last CT are just residual healing. What a ride this has been. When I went in for my CT scan today, I think I got a glimpse of what PTSD can feel like today. Needless to say, the door didn't get a chance to hit me in the butt on the way out!!..lol..Wishing good things for each of you!! Hugs, M

Comments

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'm glad tests and things are

I'm glad tests and things are going well, hearing a good CEA number for those of us that it's accurate for, is a very sustaining thing. It held me through a year of the very worst things in 2015, and here I am, exactly 5 years past my last Labor Day weekend resection, feeling well. I remember PTSD  from times I wasn't sure I could handle one more negative thing, and now I don't know if it's still there because most of the stress and responsibility in my life has grown up, moved out, or like old Harley, quietly passed. I may need to chase a challenge or two, just to create a sense of more meaning, lol. I'm rooting for you to get to this point of mental complacency/peace as well. though we'll always know that life turns on a dime, and stuff can just jump up and bite you, out of the blue. You enjoy and celebrate this moment, I'll relish the quiet I've found, and Summer can take it's noisy heat with it, in exchange for a cool, reflective Autumn. Be well. M................................................Dave

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    So far, so good!

So far, so good.  Congratulations on the good results!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Great

Well so far that is great news and hoping that the next bit of news you share with us is the same.  Thanks for the update.

Kim

• mojogirl67
    mojogirl67 Member Posts: 306

I'm glad tests and things are

I'm glad tests and things are going well, hearing a good CEA number for those of us that it's accurate for, is a very sustaining thing. It held me through a year of the very worst things in 2015, and here I am, exactly 5 years past my last Labor Day weekend resection, feeling well. I remember PTSD  from times I wasn't sure I could handle one more negative thing, and now I don't know if it's still there because most of the stress and responsibility in my life has grown up, moved out, or like old Harley, quietly passed. I may need to chase a challenge or two, just to create a sense of more meaning, lol. I'm rooting for you to get to this point of mental complacency/peace as well. though we'll always know that life turns on a dime, and stuff can just jump up and bite you, out of the blue. You enjoy and celebrate this moment, I'll relish the quiet I've found, and Summer can take it's noisy heat with it, in exchange for a cool, reflective Autumn. Be well. M................................................Dave

Afraid to Exhale Yet..

Thanks Dave..You have and always will be an inspiration to me. I haven't heard anything about the CT yet. I will post as soon as I do.  I wish I could say my "center" wasn't rocked at times but that would be a lie. I have had a few moments but I have been blessed with a sense of calm for the most part after deciding not to do anymore chemo. I have truly focused on being present in the moment but I am aware of the human nature in me too. There are a lot less mental battles for me now. I am ready for crisp Fall weather to slide on in too. It is still pretty warm here with an even warmer weekend predicted. Wishing you peace and good things always!...M

• mojogirl67

So far, so good!

So far, so good.  Congratulations on the good results!

Thank you...

Still waiting on CT results but hoping for good results with that as well. Have you been hiking in all of the heat? Wishing you great adventures!!...M

• mojogirl67
    thanks Kim!

My toes and fingers are crossed for good results!! I will post as soon as I hear anything. Hugs, M

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

Thank you...

Still waiting on CT results but hoping for good results with that as well. Have you been hiking in all of the heat? Wishing you great adventures!!...M

Heat

Yes, my OCD seems to keep me hiking, no matter what the weather.  Did a real hot hike about a week ago (most recent profile photo), and hope to try another rim to rim to rim in about two weeks.

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    So happy to hear your good news!!

That is wonderful news! So very happy for you!