I have Shingles

CRashster
CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member

and The fun never stops.

Comments

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    Awww, shucks

So sorry.  I made sure my hubby and I got the first vaccine that came out, and more recently, the Shingrix Vaccine.  My kids are getting to the age that I need to encourage they get the shot, too, as they both had chicken pox in 1971.

Hope the pain and rash aren't too bad.

Hugs,

donna_lee

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    I had too

Not fun

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Pain

My brother and a friend of my daughters had them.  Both of them said they are extremely painful.  Hope you have a mild outbreak.  

Take care,

Stub

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited September 2019 #5
    Just what you didn't need.

Just what you didn't need. Hope it's a mild case and you recover quickly. All the best to you!

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    argh

Dealing with the shingles was pretty sucky, but it'll be over before you know it. Hope you feel better soon! 

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Weird Science

OK, well... it's weird but it's not science.

My sister's mother in law told me that a friend of hers, surprisingly, found relief from shingles by applying the milky sap of a Frangipani tree. She was quite genuine about it. i decided that I would try it if I ever got shingles And suggest it if I met someone with shingles.

That was 15 years ago and you're the first I've met, Crash. If you have a Frangipani tree handy I would love to know if it actually helps.

Steve.