Twinzma

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member

how is your husband doing? I have been thinking about you and your family.

Comments

• Twinzma
    Twinzma Member Posts: 236 Member
    Ruth

Ruth, Thank you so much for asking. He got home from the hospital yesterday. The infectious disease doctor was not able to find the source of his infection that caused the sepsis. The bleed, we still assume is the tumor but he is scheduled for a consult with a GI on the outside. He received several blood transfusions, which made a world of difference. His coloring looks good and he is no longer short of breath. His Hemoglobin is still low but out of the critical zone. And his WBC is spot on now. 

This week we follow up with the several doctors here in town, he will have another iron transfussion and wil pick up his records for out trip to the new cancer center. Of course on discharge they said if he spikes a fever or has diarrhea to come back...He left with that! So I did talk his oncologist into ordering weekly WBC counts so we can distinguish infection from tumor fevers. I felt like saying, um if you want him to come back if he is having these symptoms why are you discharging him with them, are we supposed to go to lunch and come back? 

The hospital was a nightmare, 2 days there was no hot water! I really question how anything was sanitized while the entire facilty was without hot water. So I am glad I got him out. He has no appetite and the food there is so gross, I was bringing in 3 meals a day, where he would only have a bite or two but at least that was better than nothing. I have called this facility a hell hole from the first time I had to go 3 years ago....I couldn't believe that it could get so much worse! I get broken TV's and remotes are not essential but hot water??? They should have closed the doors and transferred patients out! 

He was able to resume the chemo pills today, so I am holding my breath. Hoping they work or at least keep the disease from spreading more while we wait to get in to the new treatment center. Fast tracking they said.....HA it seems like the process is taking forever...I guess on this side, it will always seem that way. I hope all is well with you honey, and again....Thank you so much for checking in! HUGS!!! 

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    I am glad he is home

it sounds like that hospital was not safe at all! no hot water, that’s just disgusting! I hate that they let him go without really helping him but it sounds like there are some good appointments ahead. I am hoping they help him soon!!!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Twinzma said:

Ruth

Ruth, Thank you so much for asking. He got home from the hospital yesterday. The infectious disease doctor was not able to find the source of his infection that caused the sepsis. The bleed, we still assume is the tumor but he is scheduled for a consult with a GI on the outside. He received several blood transfusions, which made a world of difference. His coloring looks good and he is no longer short of breath. His Hemoglobin is still low but out of the critical zone. And his WBC is spot on now. 

This week we follow up with the several doctors here in town, he will have another iron transfussion and wil pick up his records for out trip to the new cancer center. Of course on discharge they said if he spikes a fever or has diarrhea to come back...He left with that! So I did talk his oncologist into ordering weekly WBC counts so we can distinguish infection from tumor fevers. I felt like saying, um if you want him to come back if he is having these symptoms why are you discharging him with them, are we supposed to go to lunch and come back? 

The hospital was a nightmare, 2 days there was no hot water! I really question how anything was sanitized while the entire facilty was without hot water. So I am glad I got him out. He has no appetite and the food there is so gross, I was bringing in 3 meals a day, where he would only have a bite or two but at least that was better than nothing. I have called this facility a hell hole from the first time I had to go 3 years ago....I couldn't believe that it could get so much worse! I get broken TV's and remotes are not essential but hot water??? They should have closed the doors and transferred patients out! 

He was able to resume the chemo pills today, so I am holding my breath. Hoping they work or at least keep the disease from spreading more while we wait to get in to the new treatment center. Fast tracking they said.....HA it seems like the process is taking forever...I guess on this side, it will always seem that way. I hope all is well with you honey, and again....Thank you so much for checking in! HUGS!!! 

Home

Glad he's home as it sounds like he has be through a lot lately. 

Your hospital facility sounds like it shouldn't even be in business.  I'm surprised your state allows it to still run and it's too bad that he had to go there.

Hoping that his appointments go well this week.  Hoping that he feels better.

Kim