USPC recurrence

Hi gals. 

Have any of you with UPSC not have a recurrence?  It seems like it inevitable, to get one or more recurrences. :( would be great to hear from people that didn't have a recurrence (yet)

:)

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Hi Fluff, 

Hi Fluff, 

I am 4 years out from my hysterectomy and 3.6 years out from treatment. No recurrence. There are many ladies on this board that had UPSC that are also NED. I'm sure some will chime in shortly.  The anxiety from having this crappy cancer does reduce over time. At least it has for me. I hope that will be the case for you as well. There are so many variables with this and none of us can ever be sure that a recurrence won't happen. 

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Hi there, Fluff! I will be

Hi there, Fluff! I will be four years in September from my hysterectomy - Stage II or III, UPSC. So far, knock-on-wood, no recurrence. I know it sometimes looks bleak because this form of uterine cancer is very aggressive but, for me, so far, so good (that's a lot of commas - LOL). I take 2000 mg of Metformin every day but other than that, nothing else for the UPSC. I have a lot of problems with neuropathy in my feet, fingers, tongue, and eye but I deal with it. Started using CBD oil and it has really helped.

I decided a long time ago that I'm not going to spend (much) time worrying about it but am going to have the best life possible in the time I have left. 

Love,

Eldri

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    edited July 2019 #4
    For me, so far so good

Hi Flufff,

I had a hysterectomy and oopherectomy close to 6 years ago, followed by Taclitaxel/Carboplatin chemotherapy (standard 6 treatments). I had a positive wash (cancer floating around in my paritoneal cavity).  I was diagnosed with advance UPSC, stage 3a. I did not need any form of radiation treatment. I am still here, alive and well with no sign of a recurrence. UPSC, if it does return, usually does so within 6 months to 1.5 years, as it is aggressive. My gyn oncologist told me after 3 years that he didn’t think my cancer would come back. Don’t ever give up hope!

Cathy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    edited July 2019 #5
    Abbycat2 said:

For me, so far so good

Hi Flufff,

I had a hysterectomy and oopherectomy close to 6 years ago, followed by Taclitaxel/Carboplatin chemotherapy (standard 6 treatments). I had a positive wash (cancer floating around in my paritoneal cavity).  I was diagnosed with advance UPSC, stage 3a. I did not need any form of radiation treatment. I am still here, alive and well with no sign of a recurrence. UPSC, if it does return, usually does so within 6 months to 1.5 years, as it is aggressive. My gyn oncologist told me after 3 years that he didn’t think my cancer would come back. Don’t ever give up hope!

Cathy

Hey Cathy, Nice to see you!

Hey Cathy, Nice to see you! Hope all is well and you are thriving.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    There is always Hope

I had my UPSC surgery 6 years ago this past Friday.  Abbycat2 and I have similar stories.  I have been deemed "cured" by my gyn oncologist as I have past the 5 year NED mark this past Jan.    I was Dx UPSC Stage 3a on June 19, 2013, had surgery in July and started my 6 rounds in Aug, ending Jan. 2, 2014.  I was not a candidate for radiation.  I am doing well.  Praising God for healing me.  I know that recurrence is possible but am believing that it never will come back.

Jeanette

• TeddyandBears_Mom

There is always Hope

I had my UPSC surgery 6 years ago this past Friday.  Abbycat2 and I have similar stories.  I have been deemed "cured" by my gyn oncologist as I have past the 5 year NED mark this past Jan.    I was Dx UPSC Stage 3a on June 19, 2013, had surgery in July and started my 6 rounds in Aug, ending Jan. 2, 2014.  I was not a candidate for radiation.  I am doing well.  Praising God for healing me.  I know that recurrence is possible but am believing that it never will come back.

Jeanette

Hey Jeanette, Glad to see you

Hey Jeanette, Glad to see you as well! I know it helps the newbies to see some of us long term suvivors. Congrats on passing that 5 year mark! 

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    6 years!

Excellent! And with an aggressive type, too! I will be dancing on air when I reach that milestone. Congratulations and thanks for coming back!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited July 2019 #9
    Hi Jeanette

It was great to hear from you and that you are doing so well. Congrats!