High levels of TSH 7 years after thyroidectomy

cancerleo
cancerleo Member Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

My name is Lisa. I am 46 years old.  I was diagnosed with Papillary Throid Carcinoma and had a total thyroidectomy.  I have my full thyoid along with lymph nodes removed and it was all cancerous.  That was 7 years ago.  I opted out for RAI.  Now out of the blue I am not feeling myself and I went to the Dr, they called me back and said that my TSH levels are at 9.03 and my B12 levels are at 1476.  Does anyone know what this can mean? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Could this mean that my cancer is coming back?  I also have been having trouble breathing to my full capacity of my lungs.  My legs and arms have no problem but my breathing gets hard.  Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• MissusBrennan
    MissusBrennan Member Posts: 2
    I cannot say that I have

I cannot say that I have similar breathing problems but my TSH has been high since my TT in 2011. I have so many times had to change doses. Nobody can figure me out. I'm taking 360mcg NP THYROID because Synthroid and Levothyroxin wasn't absorbing right. I've been told I should be dropped dead or in a coma, at one point my TSH was over 99 but I'm alive and not comatose. I would think your trouble with breathing needs to be investigated by someone, whether it be endo or otherwise, because it is worrisome even if not related.