I think this is hilarious

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I hope you guys enjoy it, too. And the link goes through okay. I've heard of every cancer 'cure' out there from possibilities to the ridiculous. Supposedly there are people doing reikie for me, whatever that is. And, yes, essential oils have been suggested. It both angers me and makes me laugh. I realize people have the best of intentions but I get so angry at people who are attempting to get money from people in the hope that their snake oil will help them. Taking money from the vulnerable to give them false hope is really cruel. 

So this came up on Facebook yesterday and I laughed my butt off. You have to read the whole article, it's great!

https://babylonbee.com/news/new-version-of-operation-just-has-players-use-essential-oils-instead-of-performing-a-medical-procedure?fbclid=IwAR2tB2g-iW1ai5C1gcYQ_kL8jur1F9u35g-axoVTbwBJJHS6hrVAVg0MAZU

Comments

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Babylon Bee

Is a Satirical site--they write toungue in cheek spoof artiicles, many of which are hilarious !

• JanJan63
    edited June 2019 #3

Babylon Bee

Is a Satirical site--they write toungue in cheek spoof artiicles, many of which are hilarious !

It was great! I liked the

It was great! I liked the comment about Big Pharma and the last part about recruiting your friends to help in your oil business. So true! 

Jan

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited June 2019 #4
    That's too funny

You know it could be possible that there are people that actually think this is a real article and believe it - that's the sad part.  But this is too funny.  My SIL told me if my diet would have been more alkaline that cancer would never be in my life - drives me crazy.  Okay I'll go take my essential oils now for laughter.

Kim

• JanJan63

That's too funny

You know it could be possible that there are people that actually think this is a real article and believe it - that's the sad part.  But this is too funny.  My SIL told me if my diet would have been more alkaline that cancer would never be in my life - drives me crazy.  Okay I'll go take my essential oils now for laughter.

Kim

I have a crazy older friend

I have a crazy older friend that I adore but she comes up with the strangest things. She insists that alkaline water will cure my cancer like it cured hers. The problem is she didn't have cancer. She was convinced she had breast cancer and kept going to the doctor and he kept telling her she didn't. So she drank her alkaline water every day and her cancer is now gone, according to her. How do you argue with that kind of reasoning? But she drives me insane telling me to drink it, too. And if only I'd listen to her I'd be cured and she goes on and on.

Jan

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited June 2019 #6
    JanJan63 said:

I have a crazy older friend

I have a crazy older friend that I adore but she comes up with the strangest things. She insists that alkaline water will cure my cancer like it cured hers. The problem is she didn't have cancer. She was convinced she had breast cancer and kept going to the doctor and he kept telling her she didn't. So she drank her alkaline water every day and her cancer is now gone, according to her. How do you argue with that kind of reasoning? But she drives me insane telling me to drink it, too. And if only I'd listen to her I'd be cured and she goes on and on.

Jan

Yup

Your friend sounds like my SIL.  She sounds like she could be a type of person that feeds off of sympathy and then wants praise for "finding a solution" to her, and other's problems.  To them it's just so simple.  Next time just tell her to stop with the help.  Ugggg, they don't listen.  It's weird too because my husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer 4 years ago and no one ever talks to him about his diet and he eats things that I'd eat very little of.  Well, I've learned to just telling my SIL to keep his opinions to himself and walk away.  Maybe, next time I'll tell him to go talk to my husband LOL.

Kim