Lonsurf results so far

FREDH
FREDH Member Posts: 5

This is my first post. I have been reading this board for some time. I felt it was time to report this to other members.

I had been on every other chemo treatment available to me with moderate sucess, and they all quit working. I have colon cancer with mets tp liver, lungs, and peritoneal lining. I was diagnosed in Febuary 2017. I also have the Kras mutation, so treatment has been difficult. I have had some sucess with other chemo coctails.

I finally ran out of treatments that were working, and was put on Lonsurf. I have will begin 4th month of it next week. I  realise it might quit working at any time. But I just finished my scan this Monday, and was surprised to see the results. My scan showed all positive. All the mets had shrunk or were gone. I feel very good about this of course, because from what I had read, Lonsurf was not very effective. This is my last alternative, so I can only hope.

I am 81 yearsold and in reasonably good health, except for cancer. Also the side effects of Lonsurf have really not been that bad. Some of the usual chemo effects, but very toleralble at least for now. I thought the rest of the board might be interested in this treatment.

Hope I can continue to post good news.

Fred

Comments

• Grampa2017
    Grampa2017 Member Posts: 6
    That's great news, I pray you

That's great news, I pray you continue to due this good.

Mitch

• FREDH
    edited June 2019 #3
    Lonsurf

Thanks Mitch

Fred

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Wonderful news!

So glad to hear this is working for you. Here’s to many more good scans!

k

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    So happy to hear your good news!!

It gives us all hope to hear of success when all of the other treatments stopped working. I have KRAS mutation too, oncologists never expressed much concern about it but I know it is not the best hting to have. Praying for continued good results for you!

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    What a wonderful testament to Lonsurf....

I've heard so few, so I am happy to hear that it is working well for you. 

Continue to live life to the fullest, and pray that those mets keep shrinking and disappearing. 

We welcome to the forum, and we're so happy that you have decided to post. 

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Hooray for you! That's

Hooray for you! That's wonderful!! It's crazy how chemos differ in side effects and results from patient to patient. 

Jan

• FREDH
    edited June 2019 #8
    lonsurf results

Thanks to all of you who wished me continued sucess. I hope all the same for you. I will post again as soon as I know if this will continue

Fred

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    This is wonderful news!

i hope it keeps making you better!!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Great

That is good news.  If you ever need any questions answered we are a group of people, but since you said you have been lurking for some time now you already know that.  Hope you continue to do well.

Kim

• FREDH

This is wonderful news!

i hope it keeps making you better!!

Thanks again.
    Fred

Thanks again.

Fred

• FREDH

Great

That is good news.  If you ever need any questions answered we are a group of people, but since you said you have been lurking for some time now you already know that.  Hope you continue to do well.

Kim

Thanks Kim
    Fred

Thanks Kim

Fred