Inspiration

mojogirl67
mojogirl67 Member Posts: 306

The pic I uploaded to my profile is one of a day that was full of joy and happiness. I uploaded it in honor of my husband and his fight with this God awful disease. You don't know him. If you did, you would know that he fought his battle with the disease with everything he had. He did it with more grace, dignity and strength than you can imagine. Because of him, I didn't walk into fighting this blindly. I knew what to expect and gained so much from sharing his battle with him. I found gratitude where I once had so much bitterness and anger in all of the suffering and loss the disease brought into my life. I still hate the disease but it will not rob me of the joy in my life. I just wanted to honor him today and say that I will always reach for those moments of joy and happiness in every struggle I have. Praying and ho,ping that everyone here will find the strenth to do the same. Hugs, M

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited June 2019 #2
    Sadness and Joy

You are picking the joy, while allowing the sadness its place, which it has, of course. 

I hope you can still feel the warmth of his touch. 

Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us. 

Tru

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Sending you loving thoughts!

Jan

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Tribute

Thank you for the moving tribute to your husband and your resolve to live life to its fullest.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Beautiful

What a beautiful picture of the two of you.  Love the stories you tell about you and hubby.  He sounds like he was an amazing person.

Kim

• mojogirl67
    edited June 2019 #6
    Trubrit said:

Sadness and Joy

You are picking the joy, while allowing the sadness its place, which it has, of course. 

I hope you can still feel the warmth of his touch. 

Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us. 

Tru

I Choose Joy
    Thanks for the uplift. This was not a sad post..just one of reflection and perspective. To everything there is a season...Hugs, M
  • mojogirl67
    edited June 2019 #7
    JanJan63 said:

Jan

Sweet of You

Thanks so much Jan! My post was genuinely done in good spirits. I was reflecting from a good place finally. Did you ever get a start on a garden?  Hoping so and hoping the painting is turning out to be a good outlet! Hugs, M

• mojogirl67

Tribute

Thank you for the moving tribute to your husband and your resolve to live life to its fullest.

Thank You!!

Thank you so much. He was truly a fighter. I posted from a good place. Just so you know...I have a camping trip scheduled for next weekend with a good friend of mine. It is a beautiful spot called Max Patch where a lot of folks will go when the meteor showers are happening. Hoping the weather holds out!! hope you are out and soaking it up...great pics!! Hugs, M

• mojogirl67

Beautiful

What a beautiful picture of the two of you.  Love the stories you tell about you and hubby.  He sounds like he was an amazing person.

Kim

They Broke The Mold With Him..lol

Thank you Kim. He was such an inspiration to me and I truly posted this from a good place. I can finally pull the good out of a very difficult time. Your red dress in your other post was absolutely gorgeous!! Your dad and brother looked great as well..couldn't tell who was who. So glad you got to share that moment with your family! Hugs, M

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

Thank You!!

Thank you so much. He was truly a fighter. I posted from a good place. Just so you know...I have a camping trip scheduled for next weekend with a good friend of mine. It is a beautiful spot called Max Patch where a lot of folks will go when the meteor showers are happening. Hoping the weather holds out!! hope you are out and soaking it up...great pics!! Hugs, M

Meteor showers!

Meteor showers!  What fun!  Good for you, camping out.  I haven't slept on the ground for about a decade.  I sometimes think about taking it up again, but I am not sure my aching bones would agree.  Hopefully the meteor showers will overlap with my longest-day hike.  I always start in the dark, so it would be fun!