Baking POWDER & MOLASSES AS A CURE FOR CANCER

13»

Comments

• hewhositsoncushions
    hewhositsoncushions Member Posts: 411 Member

again...nutrition is medicine

First of all i would like to correct my mistake :)
    It was a long time ago that i read about the Gerson therapy and i thought i remembered reading that it was free if a person made it to their door. But it seems that they charge for their therapy... sorry.

I dont know what you mean by evidence, but there are plenty of people who have reversed illnesses using nutrition. Their stories are all over the internet.

Hahahahaha.... tai chi isnt nutrition H.  It helps you because it keeps your mind at peace which is good for you body. laughter is also an excellent medicine.

Big pharma cant patent food. They took cannabis oil, put it in a bottle, added chemicals to it then added cs gas to it so that it could be sprayed out of the bottle, then sold it as a medicine. But it was a medicine in its natural form, what big pharma had to do was add chemicals to it to make it into a form that you have to buy from them, thats how they patent things. And big pharma lobby the FDA to shut down all competition, as any good business sense would.

I have to speak in the third person for my own reasons. So with that said, i know a person very well :)   who got a mole up on the back of his hand at 49 years old, 'he' took b17 and watched the mole disappear, he stopped the b17 and the mole came back... obviously didnt take it long enough to kill all the cells. The mole turned into a tumor VERY quickly, it grew, changed shape and colour and went crusty. Along with the tumor came tiny hard lumps around it, which is evidence that the tumor is malignant. He (like an idiot) scrapped the top off the lumps and they stayed as tiny open wounds for almost a month, when magnified they fitted the description of skirmish cell carcinoma exactly. Rather than getting b17 again striaght away, he wanted to test just a whole plant food diet first to see first hand whether it would destroy the tumor by itsself.  'He' has been on the whole plant food diet (no animal protien or suger) for almost 2 weeks. The two small open wounds have almost disappeared and the tumor has shrunk around the edges and on top slightly, and the black has all but diappeared from it.  I wish i could upload photo's, i would show the difference in just two weeks.

'He' does have an excellent back up plan, he is a born again Christian and knows that if the worst comes to worst he is just going home to be with the Lord... and actually cant wait for that day anyway :)

All the best H

"Vitamin B17" is not a

"Vitamin B17" is not a vitamin, it is a poisonous cyanogenic glycoside.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5587935/

Regarding your friend, I restate my point - no one has reversed illness through nutrition. Causation does not equal correlation. There is no scientific research to back it up.

It is not about patenting food because food cannot cure cancer. What is possible is identifying elements in food that can have an effect on cancer and that can be patented.

The only reason I am pushing back on this is because desparate people read these things and try them, then die. A voice of reason may give them pause for thought.

• power of plant food
    power of plant food Member Posts: 10

No one is saying a healthy

No one is saying a healthy diet is not good for you but it does not cure cancer.

"have you ever read or watched survivers giving their story on how nutrition reversed their illness?" - all these stories (all of them) are anecdotal and no scientific research shows any indication that diet does anything other than reduce (or increase) risk either directly or indirectly.

And what happens in petri dishes has very little bearing on reality except in a small number of cases. It gives indicators of possible risk factors or therapeutic options, no more.

People believe such things, just like anti-vaxxers, because hope overcomes reason.

Thems the facts I am afraid.

where's your evidence H

You say that these are only anecdotal stories H. But these are real people giving their testimonies... are you saying they are deluded?  On what bases can you say that??  Science now says that diet is the biggest cause of cancer/ illnesses, so diet can cause cancer or diet can prevent cancer, how do you know diet cant reverse cancer?... you dont!  You just dismiss it out of hand besause you dont believe it, but thats not a rational argument. Studies cost alot of money, who is going to pay for them if there is no return from it. You say anecdotal... i say first hand witness.

If i hadve said that the blood of everyone did just the same with no differece, would you have dismissed it so quickly?  maybe not because it wouldve agreed with you belief. A petri dish isnt a human body, but the results are what they are.

... and you should have a good look into vaccines, no matter what you believe. 

• power of plant food

"Vitamin B17" is not a

"Vitamin B17" is not a vitamin, it is a poisonous cyanogenic glycoside.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5587935/

Regarding your friend, I restate my point - no one has reversed illness through nutrition. Causation does not equal correlation. There is no scientific research to back it up.

It is not about patenting food because food cannot cure cancer. What is possible is identifying elements in food that can have an effect on cancer and that can be patented.

The only reason I am pushing back on this is because desparate people read these things and try them, then die. A voice of reason may give them pause for thought.

Causation does not equal correlation??

If Causation does not equal correlation then there is no evidence that chemotheropy works, its just a coincidence that the tumor shinks. I think its more that Causation equals correlation when you agree that it does, out of your own personal beliefs.

Patenting chemicals that are in the food dosnt really work. Thats why suppliments dont do very well in studies. Its the whole food that works because the cheicals in the food work with each other.

You say you are pushing back as a voice of reason H, but i havent told anyone to stop any treatments, im just telling people to tey eating a whole plant food diet along with anything else they are trying.

And regrading 'my friend' who's tumor is shinking, well, its happening right in front of my eyes, so your incredulous non belief means nothing to me.H

• power of plant food

Question

If Molasses and baking soda are good to reduce cancer and sugar promotes cancer growth, does not Molasses contain sugar which will feed cancer?  I am confused???????

Dave 3+4

not refined suger

Molasses, like raw organic honey and the suger in friut is a natural suger that contains all the vitamins and minerals that your body uses, where as refined suger is devoid of any nutrition.

• greenteaguy
    greenteaguy Member Posts: 37
    Dean Ornish Prostate Cancer Research Study

Here is all the scientific evidence I needed to switch to a mostly plant based diet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffGLuctKoE&t=133s

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 969 Member
    Does not make sense

Hi all,

Sugar is sugar, so you are saying the cancer cells can tell the difference between the mineral one and the non mineral one.  Does not make much sense to me. Molases does contain various minerals that COULD have some benefits but probably the same as taking a multi vitamin without the risk of the added sugar which could make you gain weight. Sounds like another urban myth to me.  Like someone else said if it was that good of a cure the pharmaceutical companies would have been all over it with the low development cost and the high profits. Molases is a refined process product that most organic folks would have you stay away from.

Dave 3+4

• Georges Calvez
    Georges Calvez Member Posts: 547 Member
    Molasses analysis
    Hi there,

This is a chemical analysis of molasses and as you would expect the biggest constituent after water is sugar. There are various minerals as well and I suspect that they account for the laxative effect of the stuff.
    The take away lesson is that if you want to avoid sugar do not eat molasses as it is thick with the stuff.
    https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/00021369.1966.10858603

Best wishes,

Georges
  • VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    The immune system is OK. We need to specify the targets

Plant Food,

I am sorry if my comment above “… it makes me laugh …” has upset you. I could have said that it just made me smile. However, among those published stories of cures in cancer (articles or videos) not even one case has been proven to be true. Each one of us is free to believe in whatever one likes but for me, after so many readings about cancer, its cause, means of existence and the ways used to fight it, it just doesn’t convince me that diet would ever manage to achieve cure in prostate cancer.

One may take actions to prevent cancer occurrences and achieve healthy parameters through diets but changing the “constitution” of a cell (on the fly) via diet in their life cycle reversing it to become benign or even kill it without a direct intervention of a poisonous chemical component, is like dreaming the impossible dream.

A Diet would achieve success in alternating the course of a cell if it manages to alter the sequences of its DNA and that alone requires a life time. Gene mutation is in fact the cause of cancer, and the forces driving it are numerous. Surely unhealthy diets can contribute to cancer initiation but it wouldn’t reverse the condition, curing it. Factors known to alter genetic materials on the fly for the worse (or good) are a burst of radiation. Second in line to lead to cancerous mutations are the carcinogen substances followed by virus, chronic inflammations and hormonal unbalances (stressful biorhythms alteration). Preventing it from happening is difficult but …. … maybe achievable. On the opposite side, the only way to reverse such mutations would be via our immune system but one must firstly to educate the immune army in identifying the targets. In other words, The Gene Therapy. However, we got so many bandits in our systems that this army would need to be transformed fully.

The truth is that the human body is well construed to live and survive (Darwin principles) so that death is unthinkable to happen by itself. One can die straight in an accident but natural death occurs only when some living systems (those functioning parts of the body) start switching off due to a bad mutation or aging. The occurrence creates havoc in our machine controlling life. This is encrypted in each and every cell (benign and cancerous) that signals the central system (when threatened), supposed to be in constant alert, to enter into action to recuperate and solve the malady. Sometimes it works against the odds by killing our own good cells or prohibiting an external delivered missile.

The video you share above leads to erroneous thinking that prostate cancer was cured with a diet. The explanation given seems more related to the results of the PSA than on the existence of cancer. You can manipulate the PSA as well as other antigens via substances, retarding the progress of a disease but such doesn’t complete the process in the elimination of cancer. For instance the hormonal treatment aims just that. Gene therapy may be our future way in dealing against cancer. For the moment it is very complicated and still in its infancy.

I would recommend you to do some researches on the facts behind cancer. You may be interested in reading the comment from a biologist regarding DNA repairs in this link.

Though I eat loads of vegetables (my preferred intake in a meal) I am sorry for not agreeing with you. Try being healthy avoiding what you dislike and enjoy life fully. Dairy is good if from cows of pasture as much as pizzas if done using natural grains. Too much of the same stuff is not good. Balancing diets with regular portions of fish, meat and vegetables is for me the best way to go. Soon I will reach the “Three scores and ten” and many of my switches will close down. I am ready for what it comes. I will miss to see man on Mars.

https://biology.stackexchange.com/questions/48459/how-long-would-it-take-for-a-change-to-the-dna-would-take-effect

Best,

VGama

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member

Hic

Beer's good in moderation!

Hic,

Georges :-)

Beer

In excess, beer is even better.

edited May 2019 #51

Causation does not equal correlation??

If Causation does not equal correlation then there is no evidence that chemotheropy works, its just a coincidence that the tumor shinks. I think its more that Causation equals correlation when you agree that it does, out of your own personal beliefs.

Patenting chemicals that are in the food dosnt really work. Thats why suppliments dont do very well in studies. Its the whole food that works because the cheicals in the food work with each other.

You say you are pushing back as a voice of reason H, but i havent told anyone to stop any treatments, im just telling people to tey eating a whole plant food diet along with anything else they are trying.

And regrading 'my friend' who's tumor is shinking, well, its happening right in front of my eyes, so your incredulous non belief means nothing to me.H

Slogan

plant power,

I believe hewho did not mean cause does not equal correlation, but rather correleation does not equal cause, which in turn is a form of the logical fallacy of post hoc, ergo propter hoc  ("after this, therefore because of this").   

Such as in:   'Joe had PCa. Joe shifted to a plant-based diet, and Joe got well. Therefore, plant nutrition cures cancer.'  Of course, this does not explain why vegans get cancer as frequently as sausage addicts, or why they die of it at rates indistinguishable from the latter.

This is related even more explicitly to the fallacy of **** hoc, ergo propter hoc, or 'with this, therefore because of this.'

These fallacies have been recognized since Classsical times; Aristotle wrote of them in the 4th centruy BC.

Also, at some point above you made the point that "It is now recognized that foods cause most cancers."  This is absolutely untrue.  Absolutely.  What is more well-established is that most cancers have no dietary or environmental etiology (that is yet identified) at all.  What is gaining traction in university research is that a very high percentage of cancers apparantly occur due to random chance, during cell replication.   Besides PCa, I have also had advanced lymphoma.  Oncologists recommend that people on chemo discontinue 'health foods' during many chemos due to the fact that 'healthy' nutrition, like green teas, are belived to often assist the cancer cells in surviving more than they assist healthy cells in the immune system.  In these cases, health consciousness is positively harmful.

max

• RocketsFan2018
    RocketsFan2018 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2019 #52
    RobLee said:

Sugar feeds cancer and lower PSA means less cancer

Tossing in my two cents on two topics...

1) A reduction in PSA does not necessarily mean that prostate cancer is being cured, reduced or eliminated. As I understand it, prostate cells produce PSA when the prostate is active or irritated, such as riding a bike or achieving orgasm.  While it is entirely possible or even likely that altering one's lifestyle and/or diet will improve one's overall health and may reduce PSA levels (due to less irritation or less activity), cancer cells will not shrink or die as a result of lifestyle changes... especially if those cancer cells happen to be grade 4 or 5.  The only thing that actually kills prostate cancer cells is radiation. Reducing testosterone production can slow its growth, but does not bring about any actual reduction in the volume of cancer, only a PSA reduction.

2) Often we hear that food caused our cancer and food can cure cancer.  The culprits cited most often are sugar, meat, and dairy.  The reasoning behind the sugar deprivation "cure" is based on the fact that cancer cells consume sugar faster than healthy cells do.  The "proof" cited most often is that sugar is used in PET scans to identify cancer cells.  The "conclusion" is therefore that reducing or eliminating sugar will starve the cancer.  We have asked my wife's oncologist about this on several occcasions. His reply is ALWAYS that every cell in the body consumes sugar. If you were able to eliminate sugar from your system then the cancer cells would be first to grab what sugar is available, starving the healthy cells. In the end it would only reduce your body's ability to fight the cancer. Eliminating sugar would be healthier for your teeth and your pancreatic islets of Langerhans and thereby may delay AODM but will do nothing to fight cancer.

I agree with both your points

I agree with both your points.  I checked MD Anderson web page and found this:  

The keto diet and cancer: What patients should know

BY KELLIE BRAMLET BLACKBURN

There’s no one food that can cure cancer, but that doesn’t stop such myths from circulating. And while researchers are starting to find some links between nutrition and cancer, more research is needed.

The ketogenic diet – also called the keto diet -- is among those diets rumored to cure cancer. We talked to Maria Petzel, a senior clinical dietitian at MD Anderson, to learn more. Here’s what she had to say.

What is the keto diet?

The keto diet is a low-carbohydrate diet. The diet’s strict guidelines recommend eating more fat and protein while cutting most carbohydrates and sugars out of your diet.

Cutting out carbs forces your body to burn the fat you’ve already stored. This process, called ketosis, usually begins three to four days after eliminating carbs from your diet.

What are the pros and cons of the keto diet?

For most people, the keto diet will result in weight loss, but this might not be the healthiest way to do it. When your body burns fat because it is starved of carbs, it makes ketones. Ketones are a type of acid made by your liver and then sent into your bloodstream. Too many ketones can led to dehydration and alter the chemical balance of your blood.

Cutting out entire food groups can also be hard to stick with long-term, and most people regain some or all of the weight lost when they quit the keto diet and resume a less extreme diet.

In addition, diets high in fat are associated with heart disease and obesity. Many keto diet-safe foods, like red meat, can increase your cancer risk.

Is there any evidence that the keto diet can cure cancer?

No single food can cure cancer, but some research has shown a link between the keto diet and slowed growth of some types of tumors in mice. A few studies in humans with certain types of brain tumorshave also shown promise. On the contrary, a very low-fat diet has been found to reduce risk of recurrence for certain types of breast cancer. Some researchers are conducting more clinical trials with cancer patients, looking at how diet affects patients, along with chemotherapy and radiation. We hope that this research, as well as future research, will help us better understand the role that the keto plays in cancer.

What should cancer patients who are considering the keto diet know?

While there’s the potential that the keto diet could help some cancer patients, it can also harm others. Depending on your type of cancer or cancer treatment, your body may not be able to break down the proteins and fats. This could lead to other digestive problems.

That’s why it’s important to talk to your doctor or a dietitian before beginning the keto diet -- or any other diet. Different diet plans work for different people, and your doctor or dietitian can help you determine if a new diet will help you reach your health goals.

If you’re an MD Anderson patient, your doctor can refer you to a clinical dietitian. Each clinic at MD Anderson has an assigned dietitian who is available to help patients at all stages of cancer treatment.

A dietitian can determine your nutrition goals and help adjust them during each stage and change of your cancer treatment. Your dietitian can

help you manage your diet to minimize side effects, cope with any new food sensitivities and keep you feeling your best.

link:  https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/cancerwise/the-keto-diet-and-cancer--what-patients-should-know.h00-159223356.html

edited May 2019 #53
    Please

Vasco,

Laughter in the face of overt absurdity is a normal and good thing. You certainly have nothing to apologize for, to anyone.

A good laugh will help you and us both.  It will certainly do more for our well-being than a glass of baking soda, at any rate.  I understand that you are a kindly and thoughtful man, but in some cases, well, reason is just not the most natural reaction.

max

• Georges Calvez
    Georges Calvez Member Posts: 547 Member
    Immune system

Hi Vasco,

I think the immune system does play a critical role in the genesis and growth of cancers.
    I have a very strong immune system, I very rarely get colds, I never get flu, etc.  I attribute this to growing up on a farm and eating all sorts as a child and young adult.
    I think that when my cancer developed, my immune system successfully stopped it from breaking out of the prostate and its environs, I may have metastases but I reckon the immune system along with the ADT is managing to stay on top of them for the moment.
    Some people with T3a, T3b cancers relapse quite quickly but others manage to stay ahead of the game until old age.
    I reckon that they have a tried and tested immune system that manages to sit on top of the little nests of cells until it starts to weaken with age.
    Maybe you can do something about this with green tea, etc but it is possible that it is too late and you should have eaten a few earthworms as a child!

Best wishes,

Georges

• Tall-boy1997
    Tall-boy1997 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019 #55
    andib61 said:

baking soda & molasses

My mother Inlaw used baking soda & molasses & she's in full remission. No other treatment.

What kind of cancer 

What kind of cancer 

• Tall-boy1997
    Tall-boy1997 Member Posts: 2
    andib61 said:

baking soda & molasses

My mother Inlaw used baking soda & molasses & she's in full remission. No other treatment.

What kind of cancer 

What kind of cancer