Comments

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Praying for relief for you

Praying for relief for you Cheese!

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    Cheese, So glad you are not

Cheese, So glad you are not in pain and got to enjoy NYC with your son. Also happy to hear that your diabetes is now under control. Wishing you all the best for the June 5th surgery. Enjoy Ocean City this weekend!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited May 2019 #64
    Cheese, thanks for giving us

Cheese, thanks for giving us an update! Sending you loads of support for your surgery and beyond.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member

Awaiting surgery

Thanks for concern. My surgery is scheduled for June 5. But I’m concerned that the contents in my nephrostomy bag after 4 weeks is still the color of red wine and smells like dead fish. However since I’ve had no fever or pain, no one seems very concerned. I’m on my 4th bag cause it keeps getting clogged with gunk. Shocking to think this is coming out of my kidney. Sorry if this is TMI but this too has led to some frustration. I think I’ve got the diabetes under control but I am a little concerned about how all this will come together for surgery (stopping the Megace, metformin, and Eliquis and regulating the insulin). I just hope all is fixed so I can move on to solving my next problem. 

But all is not down. Went to NYC last weekend to see my son and am now in Ocean City MD ready to celebrate Memorial Day. But no swimsuit for me!  Looks like to be a glorious weekend. Power on!

Go Cheese!

So excited for you to enjoy the weekend at the beach.  Thanks for updating and please keep us posted!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited May 2019 #66
    Enjoy yourself, CQ!!

Enjoy yourself, CQ!!

• Lulu7582
    Lulu7582 Member Posts: 112 Member
    Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!

Yes enjoy every minute and put those toes in the sand and ocean!! Hugs xoxo

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member

Awaiting surgery

Thanks for concern. My surgery is scheduled for June 5. But I’m concerned that the contents in my nephrostomy bag after 4 weeks is still the color of red wine and smells like dead fish. However since I’ve had no fever or pain, no one seems very concerned. I’m on my 4th bag cause it keeps getting clogged with gunk. Shocking to think this is coming out of my kidney. Sorry if this is TMI but this too has led to some frustration. I think I’ve got the diabetes under control but I am a little concerned about how all this will come together for surgery (stopping the Megace, metformin, and Eliquis and regulating the insulin). I just hope all is fixed so I can move on to solving my next problem. 

But all is not down. Went to NYC last weekend to see my son and am now in Ocean City MD ready to celebrate Memorial Day. But no swimsuit for me!  Looks like to be a glorious weekend. Power on!

Thanks for the update, Cheese

Thanks for the update, Cheese. It's never TMI for us, we're a TMI-ish crowd by definition. It's amazing what goes on inside our bodies when we're not looking, isn't it? Enjoy your weekend and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Best always, B

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Good to hear from you

I've put you on my calendar  so I'll remember to beam good thoughts your way on the fifth. Your coping powers are amazing.