I beat Hodgkin's twice but I thinks it is back again

Comments

• antonioandemilio
    antonioandemilio Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2019 #2
    I went through this the first

I went through this the first time in 2003 and beat it after a year of chemo.  It came back in 2016 and after 4 treatments of R.I.C.E and BEAM chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant, I beat it again.  Last month I was nauseous along with vomiting but it only lasted 24 hours so I didn't think much about it.  Last week, same symptoms started but were intensified and lasted until last night. The weight loss is very noticeable but I just had my labs drawn last week and everything was normal.  My last PET scan in August of 2018 was completely clear and I'm due for the next one.  I'm scared, confused, and having these horrible visions of what it would be like for the love of my life to be forced to live a life alone, without me.

• antonioandemilio
    II wen through this the first

II wen through this the first time in 2003 and beat it after a year of chemo.  It came back in 2016 and after 4 treatments of R.I.C.E and BEAM chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant, I beat it again.  Last month I was nauseous along with vomiting but it only lasted 24 hours so I didn't think much about it.  Last week, same symptoms started but were intensified and lasted until last night. The weight loss is very noticeable but I just had my labs drawn last week and everything was normal.  My last PET scan in August of 2018 was completely clear and I'm due for the next one.  I'm scared, confused, and having these horrible visions of what it would be like for the love of my life to be forced to live a life alone, without me.

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited April 2019 #4
    For the time being, slow down a bit

This has been one heck of a cold and flu season. There is a strain of flu that has only been appearing recently - very late in the season. As well, there are innumerable other viruses afloat. For your peace of mind, I would ask for an expedited appointment and maybe a CT to have a look around.

In my case, I developed pneumonia and my body temps were fluctuating from 95.7 to 101.5 - no explanation or reason could be found and I had every blood panel known to mankind done at the University level. Lost weight, too.

So, one day at a time. You do not have cancer until a pathology report says you have cancer, right?

• antonioandemilio
    po18guy said:

For the time being, slow down a bit

This has been one heck of a cold and flu season. There is a strain of flu that has only been appearing recently - very late in the season. As well, there are innumerable other viruses afloat. For your peace of mind, I would ask for an expedited appointment and maybe a CT to have a look around.

In my case, I developed pneumonia and my body temps were fluctuating from 95.7 to 101.5 - no explanation or reason could be found and I had every blood panel known to mankind done at the University level. Lost weight, too.

So, one day at a time. You do not have cancer until a pathology report says you have cancer, right?

Thank you for making me feel

Thank you for making me feel alot better.  I guess after having gone through it twice I tend to jump to conclusions immediately.  I was able to get an expedited appointment with my oncologist on Wednesday and she will order a pet scan since I'm due for one. 

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member
    Good!

Most likely nothing but a seasonal virus. Still, the expedited PET is a good idea.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 896 Member

Thank you for making me feel

Thank you for making me feel alot better.  I guess after having gone through it twice I tend to jump to conclusions immediately.  I was able to get an expedited appointment with my oncologist on Wednesday and she will order a pet scan since I'm due for one. 

Any updates?

Antonio I hope you are well.