Saw my onc yesterday

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I had the follow up to my last round of chemo that I didn't complete (again) due to my magnesium levels. The magnesium is low normal not and incresing so that should be good. My CEA is up by .2 so he's not worried about that at all. And my kidneys are still maintaining themselves. They're not great but not terrible and have been steady for almost two years now. He's going to move up my next CT to get a more accurate picture of what's happening right now but he's quite happy with how I'm doing and is still comfortable with holding off chemo until the fall or until things get worse. So I just have a blood test once a month for the next few months.

His nurse gave me a big hug and told me how happy she is that I'm doing so much better. It was a positive visit. I'm hoping that maybe my body will get used to the chemo because this last time it was much more tolerable than it's been before. The only reason I had to stop it early is because of the magnesium level.

Anyway, that's my good news. I'm still getting stronger and feeling good. I rode my horse again on the weekend and am able to go up a flight of stairs without using the railing on most days. It's slow going but it's going. Yay!

Hugs to you all and be well,

Jan 

Comments

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Love the good news Jan! Glad

Love the good news Jan! Glad you got to ride your horse, that will always make you feel better.

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Terrific news. I’m so glad

Terrific news. I’m so glad you are getting your energy back. I know how that is. I’m 4 months out from chemo and I am finally feeling good. You just enjoy!

k

• Twinzma
    Twinzma Member Posts: 236 Member
    Happy Day!

I am so glad that you are doing so much better Jan! I am so happy that you are getting your energy back finally! Great Big Hugs to you!!!! 

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member
    Congratulations

Congratulations Jan Jan,it is a great day for you.And gaining your energy back must be a wonderful feeling. Enjoy every day!

Suzy

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Up on your high horse

Jan, it is so great to hear that you can ride your horse again!  You have fought hard to get back on your feet.  Congratulations on the great results and here's wishing for many more good days ahead.

• 8colon8
    8colon8 Member Posts: 40 Member
    Congratulation Jan on the

Congratulation Jan on the awesome news. 

• Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member

Very happy for you......But still want to see go fund page :)

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited April 2019 #9
    Great news Jan, glad to hear

Great news Jan, glad to hear your back in the saddle again!

• Melanie67
    Melanie67 Member Posts: 24
    So glad you were able to ride

So glad you were able to ride.  And good to here about your energy returning and a good onc visit.

• JanJan63
    edited April 2019 #11
    Thank you all so much! I told

Thank you all so much! I told a few of my friends and one asked if it's good news or bad news. I said it's not bad news so that automatically makes it good news.

Jan

• Msboop15
    Msboop15 Member Posts: 83 Member
    Great news!

I‘m glad to hear you are feeling better & getting a little stronger. 

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Wonderful news!!

i am so happy to see it!!!! Most of all I am happy for you!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful

That is very good news and so glad that you are getting a much needed break.  Sounds like your strength is coming back too.  It's wonderful that you get a chance to ride your horse now that you are feeling better.  That's got to make a huge difference.  Thanks for the post.

Kim

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Great news!

That’s wonderful to hear Jan. Giddy up!

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Put cancer on the back burner

And enjoy Spring and your wonderful horse. So glad to hear you are doing well, was so worried not so long ago about you! 

• JanJan63
    Thank you everyone! 6 months

Thank you everyone! 6 months ago I'd cry when I woke up in the morning because I was hoping I'd die in my sleep. And now I wake up and lie there for a minute doing a quick assessment and I'm good every day and I'm loving life! It's not the life I used to have but it's a life and I am so grateful. I'm still pretty weak and sometimes I forget that. Yesterday I went to plug in the vacuum cleaner and was leaning over and started to fall. I don't have the strength to stop myself but I tried. So I slowly slid to the floor and landed on my knee that I skinned by falling a couple of weeks ago. Yuck! But I'm still improving!

Jan

• k8
    k8 Member Posts: 33 Member
    You Are Awesome

i have read about your struggles and also your many accomplishments. Congratulations and so happy to hear you are able to ride your lovely horse. 

Kate