Olaparib and Cediranib Maleate

These two drugs are typically used to treat ovarian cancers, but with my endometrial serous cancer recurrence, these two drugs are possibilities for next treatment.  Has anyone had first hand experience with side effects with either drug?   The published side effects sound like torture.  Any actual information would be welcomed.

Comments

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Hope someone can help

Little Annie, I'm sorry to hear of your recurrence. I'm unfamiiar with the two drugs you asked about but didn't want your question to drop too far down the list and not be seen. I hope someone who has experience with one or both of those drugs can help.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    I recall

people using these drugs on the ovarian board. Have you inquired there?  I rarely read there anymore so what I'm remembering is quite some time ago. 

• DM_K
    DM_K Member Posts: 51
    I'm sorry your cancer came

I'm sorry your cancer came back, mine did too within 3 months.  Next Thursday I will be getting info on the chemo drugs for clinical trials.  I wonder if I will be on these too.  When do you start clinical trials?

• Little Annie
    Little Annie Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2019 #5

Tamlen.  thank you for your posting.

ConnieSW, posted on ovarian board but that group not nearly as active as the wonderful ladies on this board.

DM_K,  lot of information on clinicaltrials.gov on drug possibilities.   The one I am interested in is:

Olaparib and Cediranib Maleate in Treating Patients With Recurrent, Refractory, or Metastatic Endometrial Cancer

The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimerfor details.

ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03660826

Recruitment Status  : Suspended (Scheduled Interim Monitoring)
    First Posted  : September 7, 2018

Last Update Posted  : March 14, 2019

Sponsor:

Information provided by (Responsible Party):

National Cancer Institute (NCI)

Study Description

Go to  sections

Brief Summary:

This phase II trial studies how well olaparib and cediranib maleate work in treating patients with endometrial cancer that has come back, does not respond to treatment, or has spread to other places in the body. Olaparib and cediranib maleate may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth.

• Harmony09
    Harmony09 Member Posts: 79
    Oh No :(

I just wanted to say that I am praying for you and am sorry you are going through a recurrence. Having the same histology has me very interested in your experience. I do hope you feel well enough to stay connected to us during the treatment. Here's to vanquishing the Beast!!! ;)

Sincerely,

Stacey