Lemon (Citrus) - a miraculous product to kill cancer cells

1235»

Comments

• evolo58
    evolo58 Member Posts: 293 Member
    edited February 2018 #82
    And yet the lemon juice story

And yet the lemon juice story persists. I keep seeing it on Facebook.

Lemon juice in your tea is tasty and has some nice properties but no ... it has not been proven in the medical community to be a cure-all.

https://uamshealth.com/healthlibrary2/medicalmyths/lemonscurecancer/

https://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/lemons.asp

I like the Lemoncello idea, though! :)

• bea-mil
    bea-mil Member Posts: 108
    Abbycat2 said:

I think at least 6 women who posted earlier on this thread

died from their cancer. If lemons cured cancer the entire world would jump on that band wagon!

I’m still here, 9 years after

I’m still here, 9 years after my diagnosis. No chemotherapy, no radiation just various alternative treatments...along with lemons. 

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    bea-mil said:

I’m still here, 9 years after

I’m still here, 9 years after my diagnosis. No chemotherapy, no radiation just various alternative treatments...along with lemons. 

Woohoo!!

Congratulations bea-mil,

You go girl.  All the naysayers in the world can't change your success.

Rock on!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member

Lemons as treatment

AbbyCat2, I read through this old string of posts too. The information was too undependable- not peer reviewed, double blind studies published in reputable journals. Too many early science, and “MAY” statements. So we all know about how certain chemotherapy compounds are “plant based” but you know they are toxins administered to us just to the brink of our not being killed by them! Remember how cancer patients flocked in desperation to Layatrel (sp?) clinics in Mexico looking for the “holy grail” of treatments. If I recall that was extracted from the pit of a peach. My point being that there are a lot of unscientific “studies” out there that if pursued really doesn’t help us in our battle against cancer. That being said enjoy lemon juice but it isn’t going to be a magic bullet to destroy cancer in a woman with gynecological cancer. My opinion only:)

I 2nd that.

Congrats on her survival story, we all love to hear stories of success. No proof that lemons were the actual "cure", no proof that they were not. Our minds can produce powerful responses but it is cruel to promote crackpot theories to women who are fighting for their lives.