Message about Fox

stub1969
stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
edited February 2019 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hello everybody.  

I've written this message several times then deleted it each time trying to find the right words.....trying to wrap my head around it.....trying to hold back my emotions.  I simply can't do it, so I pass on the words from his wife.

"I am not sure that I am posting this in the right place but wanted  to updade you that Fox passed away yesterday.  He had a very difficult time and was very restless the last few hours of his life.  I promissed that I would make sure his passing was comfortable and admnistered evrything I had to maintain his comfort.  He is at peace now.  Thank you all for your support." His wife Jan

Comments

• Kat23502
    Kat23502 Member Posts: 179 Member
    Somehow I knew this was

Somehow I knew this was coming but didn’t want to believe it. I can’t express my thoughts or feelings about this right now as I’m sure many of us are feeling the same.

• MarkDavid18
    MarkDavid18 Member Posts: 61
    He fought the good fight

A warrior to the end. May he Rest In Peace. 

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    May he Rest in Peace

HE WILL BE MISSED

icemantoo

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    a huge loss

When I was first diagnosed and read all the old posts, his words of wisdom were a blessing. If karma multiplies like money, then Fox is the wealthiest man ever. Pizza and beer in his honor. 

Thank you, stub, for letting us know.

• brea588
    brea588 Member Posts: 240
    icemantoo said:

May he Rest in Peace

HE WILL BE MISSED

icemantoo

I came online to check on my friends

I came online to check on my friends as I have not been here in awhile.  Fox is first one I see that has passed on.   He was always encouraging to me.  We laughed had good times on here.  My prayers for his wife and family.  RIPmy friend. You will be greatly missed on this forum. 

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Fox was very special on this

Fox was very special on this site. Heed his words and always keep the karma flowing. My thoughts go out to his wife and family.

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Keep telling myself that the

Keep telling myself that the new drug will work on him....

Fox, you beat this cancer already. There is no need to fight anymore.

You will be missed. Rest In Peace warrior.

• rn1774
    rn1774 Member Posts: 11 Member

We will miss you!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Dear dear Fox, we love you

Dear dear Fox, we love you and will miss you. YOu are a warrior and a winner

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    FLY, Fox!

What strength and hope you gave to all of us. Many tears and sad grateful hearts in this group today.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Funeral home

I was in contact with Mrs. Fox this morning.  Here is the address to the funeral home: https://www.funkfuneralhome.com/tributes/Laurence-Fox

Stub

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    Can't help it

As I tear up a bit I can't help but smile at how high our friend is flying right now. Fly high, my friend.

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    So sad

A fit and healthy man,, he should have had another 20 years

Your pain is over Fox..Rest in Peace

we love you and will always miss you

love to his real family and his family here

we will all be very destraught today

my husband also had a very painful death.. not nice

Fox fought so hard

Annie

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    A large loss

First I would like to say to Fox's family I am so sorry for your loss. Personally, Fox calmed me down when I first was diagnosed. He scolded my vanity for worrying about the potential scarring and not comprehending the big picture. But, when he advised pizza & beer was in order, it was like a Papal Blessing! Rest easy Fox, you have helped so many.

• LMCRJB13
    LMCRJB13 Member Posts: 84

A giant loss for our community.  He gave us all strength.  Fly free Fox and keep watch over us...I know you will.

He's in pain no more.  Peace and condolences to his family and friends.

Ryan

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    This broke my heart.

This broke my heart. Unfortunantly, I knew this day would come. He was such a fighter, and had the best advice. He was one of the first to give me advice and reassurance. I'm relieved he is no longer in pain. Thank you Fox for being apart of my journey.

Steph

• Dominick0711
    Dominick0711 Member Posts: 99 Member
    I am so sorry to hear this.

I am so sorry to hear this. in my very short time here he was one of the fisrt to reach out and offer guidance.  May he rest in peace :(

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    So so sorry

To hear this news.  May he rest in peace and may g-d sent comfort to his family-June

• medic1971
    medic1971 Member Posts: 225 Member
    :(

Cry

• penitent
    penitent Member Posts: 79

May the angels in Paradise greet him with loving arms.  He was such a great inspiration.