Lost discussions

Jairoldi
Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member

What an unfortunate happenstance! 

Comments

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    OH NO!!!

Does this mean all the convesations with our friends who've gone on ahead - Editgrl, Day Lady, LouAnn, etc - have been wiped out??? How can this be ? What a loss, indeed.

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    derMaus said:

OH NO!!!

Does this mean all the convesations with our friends who've gone on ahead - Editgrl, Day Lady, LouAnn, etc - have been wiped out??? How can this be ? What a loss, indeed.

Since October 29th

All from October 29 until this evening so the more recent discussions have been lost. Whew, it would have been more terrible if it were from the beginning.

• derMaus
    Whew!

Whew! I read the CSN posting wrong, then. That's a relief, thank you. 

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    This is really unfortunate. I

This is really unfortunate. I was trying to support someone who had MMMt cancer just as it went out. I want to respond to her but dont have here information any more. I hope she is doing okay and can get back on. 

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    I am shocked!  I just don't

I am shocked!  I just don't know what to say. 

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    Isn't there a backup drive for this information?

I'm really sorry to hear this very unfortunate news.  Doesn't CSN maintain a backup drive which would allow the lost information to be restored?  I would expect that to be the case, since we are talking about a reputable organization that serves as the repository for such valuable information for members of the cancer community.  Hopefully, this will not be the end of the story!

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Unbelievable!

How does an reputable organization such as the American Cancer Society just allow data to be nonrecoverable?

They should spend the money to recover the lost data.

If another entity is being paid to manage and maintain this discussion board they have a critical error and it’s time to find a new host vendor.

Sloppy and inexcusable. We know about redundancy and back up on data.

A sad day for all of us who have put time and energy creating a repository of knowledge to help people with cancer and survivors and their loved ones.

And why would this disclaimer think that is all that it takes? So disappointing to so many of us. Unbelievable! 

• PDXmama
    PDXmama Member Posts: 17 Member
    Hysteroscopy

I am relatively new here and hope to connect back with the member who is having her hysteroscopy Friday February 1st. I am having mine the 6th and hoped to provide some support since we are at the same place in our journey right now. If you make it back here please let me know. To the rest of you ladies it's good to see you all again. You're making my wait bearable and giving me so much good info.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 962 Member
    I joined after this date so was wiped out

My membership was also gone.   It will be a lot of work to recreate.    Oh well, we have all had worse days.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Oh, dear

so much has happened since then. There are some new people I'm going to be very concerned about. Hope they find their way back. If you are new, I hope you complete an "about me" page so we will be able to jog our memories about your details that are now lost

Where did my picture go?

• bfrank65
    bfrank65 Member Posts: 4
    I had to re-register.  So I

I had to re-register.  So I wonder if those newly registered will also have to do the same?  

• derMaus
    Profile photos wiped out

Some profile photos were wiped out, too.

• PDXmama
    PDXmama Member Posts: 17 Member
    bfrank65 said:

I had to re-register.  So I

I had to re-register.  So I wonder if those newly registered will also have to do the same?  

I had to register again.

I had to register again.

• Ribbons
    Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member
    I have re-registered

I'm back now

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Profile updates gone too

Profile photos and updates done after Oct are gone too. It's really frustrating that an organization as big as the ACS doesn't back up their data...

• Ribbons
    Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member
    PDXmama said:

Hysteroscopy

I am relatively new here and hope to connect back with the member who is having her hysteroscopy Friday February 1st. I am having mine the 6th and hoped to provide some support since we are at the same place in our journey right now. If you make it back here please let me know. To the rest of you ladies it's good to see you all again. You're making my wait bearable and giving me so much good info.

PDXmama, I'm here in Oregon

I was wiped out but I registered again. Keep in touch when you find out your diagnosis.

• Bluebird1
    Bluebird1 Member Posts: 2

I joined after this date so was wiped out

My membership was also gone.   It will be a lot of work to recreate.    Oh well, we have all had worse days.

I joined before the date and was wiped out.

They are trying to downplay the fact that our profiles were erased even those who registered before. Does this mean my entire group of posts are lost, too? How man6 hundreds of profiles were wiped out across this forum? Thousands? 

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Bluebird1 said:

I joined before the date and was wiped out.

They are trying to downplay the fact that our profiles were erased even those who registered before. Does this mean my entire group of posts are lost, too? How man6 hundreds of profiles were wiped out across this forum? Thousands? 

BluebirdOne Vs Bluebird1

Your original profile and old posts still exist under BluebirdOne, not Bluebird1.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    email

I noticed my recent emails are gone also.  

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Thank goodness, DeMaus, that we didn’t lose

old posts from our dear friends who moved on from this world- Editgrl, LouAnn, Day Lady, moli moli, Ro and so many others that I have lost count. Such beautiful souls who gave each of us much support, information and their wisdom. I know that having “known” them has had an indelible and profound effect on my own life. My cancer journey was not one that I embarked on alone: No, they were there as each of you have been as well.

Thank you and the Warnest of Wishes,

Cathy