How to exercise after a Neph.

icemantoo
icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member

Here is one of my BO (before outage) posts.

Begin by standing at a comfortable surface where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5lb. potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.  Try to reach a full minute and then relax.

Each day you will find that you can hold this position a little bit longer.

After a couple of weeks move up to the 10lb. bag, a couple of more weeks move up to the 20lb. bag and then finally a 50 lb. bag and hold your arms out straight for a full minute

After you feel comfortable at this level, put a potato in each bag.

Icemantoo

Comments

• Dominick0711
    Dominick0711 Member Posts: 99 Member
    edited February 2019 #2
    Hysterical!

Hysterical!

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    Long may you live!!!

Iceman. You were 1 of the first to welcome me to this wonderful place. Do you miss the Michigan weather while you  post in  sunny Florida? Long may you live!! You always know when we need a light moment. 

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member

Long may you live!!!

Iceman. You were 1 of the first to welcome me to this wonderful place. Do you miss the Michigan weather while you  post in  sunny Florida? Long may you live!! You always know when we need a light moment. 

What sun?

We've had 3.94 inches of rain the last 7 days.

icemantoo

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    Awe! Love it! Needed that

Awe! Love it! Needed that little giggle this morning

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    icemantoo said:

What sun?

We've had 3.94 inches of rain the last 7 days.

icemantoo

I live in western oregon and

I live in western oregon and it was 28° in the morning than 65° and sunny! It was amazing.. However, we are expecting snow on monday. Which is fine since we haven't had snow yet this winter. Just everywhere else got the snow. Be safe, stay warm, and dry out there!

Stephanie

• Brock1969
    Brock1969 Member Posts: 80
    love it

Hope you realize how many poeple you give hope to on this board (and did to me as well last year). Funny story of my own...I think I was symbolically curled up in a ball, delusional with anxiety and fear, etc etc so I threw out a question to the board. You gave a response that had a few FU's in it and I thought "well, that's not very nice..."

Had zero idea that FU meant "follow up" lol

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    This is great

And I think it's right where I need to start! I'm so out of shape!

Todd

• Dominick0711
    Dominick0711 Member Posts: 99 Member
    Icetoo really is a godsend on

Icetoo really is a godsend on this board.  you made me laugh when laughing hurt really bad but it still made me feel better and was really needed at the time.  

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Lol

Made me smile ;)