• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Plus

is there any danger of lost data being hacked

identity issues

• MelBlessed
    MelBlessed Member Posts: 71 Member
    Sad

that these important posts were lost. So much valuable information for many.

• Wehavenotimeatall

Sad

that these important posts were lost. So much valuable information for many.

Oh dear

they have even lost your mugshot

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    I think

CSN needs to look into some cloud services.

icemantoo

• Wehavenotimeatall
    icemantoo said:

I think

CSN needs to look into some cloud services.

icemantoo

Awful

how can you lost information in this day and age

daily back ups

if they need Employees just ask

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    I survived the purge

Since I joined at the end of 2018, I've had to recreate my account, which got me thinking of all the others who joined the group around the same time as me. HOW IS MOMOF6? Hopefully when she's out of her procedure, she'll be able to log on and tell us how she's doing. JeffreyLaw, hope he's recovering well - ditto Invictus27 and Dominick0711. 

As for the lost content, I was initially bummed out that my posts were gone, but thankfully, they're still in the google cache-

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GCH34jfF-DkJ:https://csn.cancer.org/forum/142

So for me, I went back and saved my nephrectomy story by going to google and searching "'Eug91's radical nephrectomy story' site:csn.cancer.org". So if you have recent posts that you want to go back and save, use google cache. Or if you need assistance, ask me. 

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    The cloud

Whoever is in charge of IT at CSN needs to arramge for offsite storage on the Cloud.

icemantoo

• MelBlessed
    MelBlessed Member Posts: 71 Member

Oh dear

they have even lost your mugshot

Yup!

im just a rectangle

• Mighty Frog
    Mighty Frog Member Posts: 152 Member
    Oh! No!

Don't tell me they don't have a backup system in place...... Gosh!.... this is really terrible.... 

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    This is bad.

This is bad, yes. Alot of information and heartfelt posts were lost. It's a shame. Hopefully, everyone that has lost something will be back and people will share again. But, let's not forget who we are. We're cancer survivors. Alot worse things have happened to all of us. Is it a shame that it happened? Yes, but remember who we are and that we'll be ok.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Question for the administrator

One of the ways I keep track of people on this board is by clicking on their "name" and checking the last log-in date.  Because of the outage are last log-in dates pushed back to the time our members logged in prior to 10/29/18?

Thanks

Stub

• Can't they retrieve some of

Can't they retrieve some of it from the wayback machine- www.archive.org ?  I guess not--I tried checking, and nothing there.

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member

Can't they retrieve some of

Can't they retrieve some of it from the wayback machine- www.archive.org ?  I guess not--I tried checking, and nothing there.

wayback

It's been forever since I've used the Wayback Machine.

• Dominick0711
    Dominick0711 Member Posts: 99 Member
    So sad the original posts

So sad the original posts were gone.  The responses were really helping me stay mentally strong.  Thank you eug91 for thinking of me and for finding the archived content!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    It is a shame. I hope this

It is a shame. I hope this makes CSN look into a way to back up the forum data.

• JeffreyLaw
    JeffreyLaw Member Posts: 9
    eug91 said:

I survived the purge

Since I joined at the end of 2018, I've had to recreate my account, which got me thinking of all the others who joined the group around the same time as me. HOW IS MOMOF6? Hopefully when she's out of her procedure, she'll be able to log on and tell us how she's doing. JeffreyLaw, hope he's recovering well - ditto Invictus27 and Dominick0711. 

As for the lost content, I was initially bummed out that my posts were gone, but thankfully, they're still in the google cache-

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GCH34jfF-DkJ:https://csn.cancer.org/forum/142

So for me, I went back and saved my nephrectomy story by going to google and searching "'Eug91's radical nephrectomy story' site:csn.cancer.org". So if you have recent posts that you want to go back and save, use google cache. Or if you need assistance, ask me. 

Yes, I'm recovering well
    Bummer about the lost content, accounts, etc.

Yes, I'm recovering well. Two weeks out and I've been off the pain meds for a week?!? (I lost track of when I went off). I can finally sleep on my stomach or side again and with a bit of herbal help zonking out for the night, even after a nap or two during the day. On the bike too. 20, 35, 45, 50, & 60 minute rides so far. I'm carefully monitoring my HR and have slightly increased my self-imposed ceiling each ride. I'm also keeping the wattage steady -- no spikes. Wattage indicates I'm at about 50% effort for the given durations and I'm just barely breaking a sweat by the end of the ride. I'll continue slowly ramping effort & duration until I get a green light to return to racing.

Pathology report was excellent. chRCC with good margins. Excellent prognosis going forward.

I hope the folks that were scheduled for late Jan surgery are doing ok. WIth the account fiasco it's impossible to know what happened to them.
  • stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member

Yes, I'm recovering well
    Bummer about the lost content, accounts, etc.

Yes, I'm recovering well. Two weeks out and I've been off the pain meds for a week?!? (I lost track of when I went off). I can finally sleep on my stomach or side again and with a bit of herbal help zonking out for the night, even after a nap or two during the day. On the bike too. 20, 35, 45, 50, & 60 minute rides so far. I'm carefully monitoring my HR and have slightly increased my self-imposed ceiling each ride. I'm also keeping the wattage steady -- no spikes. Wattage indicates I'm at about 50% effort for the given durations and I'm just barely breaking a sweat by the end of the ride. I'll continue slowly ramping effort & duration until I get a green light to return to racing.

Pathology report was excellent. chRCC with good margins. Excellent prognosis going forward.

I hope the folks that were scheduled for late Jan surgery are doing ok. WIth the account fiasco it's impossible to know what happened to them.

Chromie!!

Not only are you part of our RCC club you are also part of a very small group of Chromies!  I'm happy about your pathology and your recovery seems to be going well.

Keep in touch!

Stub  

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    I thought everyone had a

I thought everyone had a backup system. Why the posts were not backed up is a mystery to me. I wish they would give more info on what happened.

• Dominick0711
    I can’t seem to reply to most

I can’t seem to reply to most threads or put up new tooics

• Dominick0711
    It’s weird.  Some I can some

It’s weird.  Some I can some I get an error message