Great PET Scan Results

CaroleFL
CaroleFL Member Posts: 15
edited October 2018 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi, All, This is my first post. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 colorectal cancer the end of this June. Had my second PET a couple of weeks ago. My chemo is working: Avastin and FOLFOX. Compared to my last PET, the tumor in my colon is significantly reduced and 8 of ten liver tumors show no hypermetabolic activity; two others are larger but shrank by half; all involved lymph nodes are resolved or looking much better.

I just wanted to share this good news. I've had eight treatments so far, and my oncologist is stopping my Oxaliplatin. I'm showing mild signs of neuropathy--tingling in fingertips and toes that isn't cold-related. I sure hope stopping oxal will help with the fatigue.

I've appreciated all your honest sharing and wish the best for everyone.

Carole

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Great news

Great news, Carole, thank you for sharing it.  Congratulations on your good results!

• CaroleFL
    edited October 2018 #3
    Thank you!

I was so relieved with the PET scan and filled with gratitude and hope. Now it's a day at a time. Thank you for the good cheer. Carole

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Congrats Carole!!  This path

Congrats Carole!!  This path is a marathon, but we're always up to celebrate a good report. Hope you treat yourself to a nice time or fancy dinner, and make the most of the moment...........................................Dave

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Good for you! I'm having one

Good for you! I'm having one in about a month and a half. I'm scared in case it shows something we didn't know about. And I hate having to sit still for so long in the dark, it would be nice to read a book. Oh well, it's not as bad as some things.

Jan

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Awesome

Great news to hear for sure.  

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited October 2018 #7
    That is Wonderful

What a wonderful first post that things are improving.  We are a great group so it would be awesome if you could let us help you get through this as others have been in the same situation.  Once again, thanks for posting.  That is wonderful news.

Kim

• Peter_S
    Peter_S Member Posts: 109
    Throws Confetti And Cheers...

How wonderful to read such great news, I really do celebrate your good fortune, did you thinking I was fooling about the confetti? it's everywhere now and I hate the thought of cleaning it up. Carole, I wish you nothing but good reports, good results and boundless new found energy and good health. I'm cheering you on with continued hope and good thoughts - Peter 

• CaroleFL
    edited October 2018 #9

Congrats Carole!!  This path

Congrats Carole!!  This path is a marathon, but we're always up to celebrate a good report. Hope you treat yourself to a nice time or fancy dinner, and make the most of the moment...........................................Dave

A Fancy Dinner

Dave, I hadn't even thought about celebrating with a dinner. I just went with the hugs. Heck, now I'm planning the dinner! Thanks. Carole

• CaroleFL
    edited October 2018 #10
    JanJan63 said:

Good for you! I'm having one

Good for you! I'm having one in about a month and a half. I'm scared in case it shows something we didn't know about. And I hate having to sit still for so long in the dark, it would be nice to read a book. Oh well, it's not as bad as some things.

Jan

Scary but Hopeful

Hi, Jan, I wish you all the best with your PET. Thank you for sharing with me. I'm putting positive energy out there for you. Carole

• CaroleFL
    edited October 2018 #11
    NewHere said:

Awesome

Great news to hear for sure.  

Awesome, for Sure

Thank you for the cheer! Carole

• CaroleFL
    edited October 2018 #12
    Peter_S said:

Throws Confetti And Cheers...

How wonderful to read such great news, I really do celebrate your good fortune, did you thinking I was fooling about the confetti? it's everywhere now and I hate the thought of cleaning it up. Carole, I wish you nothing but good reports, good results and boundless new found energy and good health. I'm cheering you on with continued hope and good thoughts - Peter 

A Confetti Shower

All that confetti is just what I need. A shower of hope, encouragement and love. Thanks, Peter. Carole

• CaroleFL
    edited October 2018 #13

That is Wonderful

What a wonderful first post that things are improving.  We are a great group so it would be awesome if you could let us help you get through this as others have been in the same situation.  Once again, thanks for posting.  That is wonderful news.

Kim

Thanks for the Warm Welcome

Hi, Kim, I've been reading the posts for awhile, and I can tell what an awesome and supportive group you are. It felt so good to get up this morning and read yours and everyone's supportive welcomes. Thank you so much. Carole

• Fe2
    Fe2 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2018 #14
    Alternative treatments

i just joined this network. My dad was recently diagnosed with CRC stage 4. Out situation is very particular since I am an MD trained in Europe and Caregiver trying to understand what we have available in alternative Medicine. Thanks to God, I have Always trusted conventional and alternative medicine. I think they complement each other to some extent. I am reading all available research articles and I am amazed to see how much is out there to help. I am happy to see how the conventional chemos are extending survival Since they can be chosen based on different markers.The question is how to mantain a good quality of life during chemos. 

I am giving to my dad fish oil, vit D high dose, turmeric and following the mediterránean diet. All off the above have anti-inflammatory properties. I am reading about fermented wheat used in Hungarian cancer protocols. https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/wheat-germ-extract

I want to share all I find available and help all who are part of this difficult journey. 

Fe

• Fe2
    edited October 2018 #15
    CaroleFL said:

Thank you!

I was so relieved with the PET scan and filled with gratitude and hope. Now it's a day at a time. Thank you for the good cheer. Carole

I am very happy for you!

I am very happy for you!

• CaroleFL
    Complementary Treatment

Hi, Fe, I complement my conventional treatment with a strong focus on reasons to be grateful each day, along with meditation and visualization audios. I wish your dad, and you too, all the best. And thanks for the msk link; I'll check it out. Carole

• Fe2
    CaroleFL said:

Complementary Treatment

Hi, Fe, I complement my conventional treatment with a strong focus on reasons to be grateful each day, along with meditation and visualization audios. I wish your dad, and you too, all the best. And thanks for the msk link; I'll check it out. Carole

Hi Carole, 

Hi Carole, 

Thank you. I hope it helps. I think the result of the studies are strong. I decided to start my dad on AVEMAR.