Cancer Runs, just a nice story

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I just wanted to share this because it made me cry with happiness. My friend's daughter has been taking riding lessons on my horse for a couple of months. She's 11 years old and is a little sweetheart. The other day at school they did the Terry Fox Run. Terry Fox was a Canadian hero who lost a leg to cancer at a young age, maybe 20? He then went on a cross Canada run to bring donations to cancer reasearch. Sadly, he was unable to finish as the cancer came back and he passed away at something like 22 or 23 years old. But he did get a long ways first.

Another sad thing about it is they say if he'd had it today they'd have been able to treat him, but the technology wasn't there at that time.

Every year many schools across Canada have a Terry Fox Run where the kids run for pledges. So she did it the other day at school. My friend told me that her daughter had written my name on her number card. How sweet is that!

I just wanted to share a feel good story because we have so many reasons to feel negative and sometimes positve stories help a lot. I'm sure something like this has happened to some of you. I'd love it if you'd share your story here!

Jan

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Good people! Good kids!

That is lovely!  Some of these young folks are so sensitive to others, it is very heartwarming. I swear, the prayers of childen go a long, long way. Get those little guys on your side. 

Thanks for posting, Jan.

Tru

• plsletitrain
    plsletitrain Member Posts: 252 Member
    Touching

I sometimes like to whine on why do I have to have this but whenever I see people wish me well, show their concern to me, give financial help, include me in their prayers...I feel blessed.  I have no right to complain. 

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awwwww

God Bless her for thinking so highly of you.  You must truly inspire that little girl with your courage, dedication and strenth to put down your name.  She must think of you often.  That is an inspiring story you told about the young man.  It is wonderful that so many people celebrate that day.

Kim