Use of CBD or cannabinoids for lung cancer

tameling
tameling Member Posts: 2
edited June 2022 in Lung Cancer #1

My brother was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer. As many of you know, this is usually inoperable and the only treatment is chemotherapy. Radiation is not routine because the cancer has metastasized. He and I have been reading articles about the use of CBD, or cannabis derived treatment.  While I was originally skeptical, there is a considerable amount of information about the use of CBD in and out of the traditional medical research community. Has anyone in this forum had experience with using marijuana based products, especially CBD, THC or THCa in their treatment?  Has anyone discussed this with their oncologist?  Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    We discussed with hubby's oncologist

He said it shows promise with many types of cancer but not so much with lung cancer. However that was 4 years ago. Things can change fast. I am not aware of new research.

• jorola
    Not wrong..this is 4 years later, new research, give him a break

As I said that was 4 NOW 5 years ago. The article you have post is 2019. Please be fair to my husband's oncologist. He did not have a crystal ball. He gave the best answer he could at the time. I consider doctors human. They do they best they can but they do not have super powers. He does not deserve to be cut down by anyone. He saved my husband's life. I stand by him. Does he deserve such judgement?

• Marcendo
    Marcendo Member Posts: 2
    Scientific studies on CBD ?

Good luck for your brother, I too would like to find some recent medical studies about CBD and Cancer, I can't find these studies on Internet ... i would be very gratefull if someone could help me with that Laughing

• jorola
    Just as an FYI - a post missing

Just so the above makes a bit more sense. There was another person who posted and torn me and my hubby's oncologist a new one for my post dated Sept 26/18. As I wrote in that post, our conversation with hubby's oncologist was 4 years ago and there was very limited research at that time.   However the other person posted this study on 1 person that the scientfic and medical community is taking interest in. I am too. The conclusion of this report is that more study is needed and not that it is concluded fact CBD oil works. I agree but hey it is a start right. Here 's the article they had posted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6385325/

• Marcendo
    Marcendo Member Posts: 2
    jorola said:

Just as an FYI - a post missing

Just so the above makes a bit more sense. There was another person who posted and torn me and my hubby's oncologist a new one for my post dated Sept 26/18. As I wrote in that post, our conversation with hubby's oncologist was 4 years ago and there was very limited research at that time.   However the other person posted this study on 1 person that the scientfic and medical community is taking interest in. I am too. The conclusion of this report is that more study is needed and not that it is concluded fact CBD oil works. I agree but hey it is a start right. Here 's the article they had posted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6385325/

Thank you so much Jorola

Thank you so much Jorola

• JoannePullman
    JoannePullman Member Posts: 1
    JoannePullman

People are starting to use CBD oil to treat chronic diseases. It's not recommended for people a year or older because it's still illegal at the federal level. Still, it's spread like wildfire among people who are younger and healthier.

• TerenceAlvin
    TerenceAlvin Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #8
    People are starting to use

People are starting to use CBD oil to treat chronic diseases. It's not recommended for people a year or older because it's still illegal at the federal level. Still, it's spread like wildfire among people who are younger and healthier. Instead of driving yourself crazy trying to find the best CBD oil to consume, why not just learn about it? There are websites devoted to educating people on CBD, from selecting it to how to process it. If you use CBD, advise to get it from https://www.tillmanstranquils.com/product/cbd-gummies-1500mg-melatonin/. It's the best one for beginners.

• damacau
    damacau Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2021 #9
    CBD has to be taken in

CBD has to be taken in combination with other medications. Cannabis alone, unfortunately does not cure cancer

• PamelaHB12
    PamelaHB12 Member Posts: 8 Member

The THC vapes help a lot for not only anxiety, but for insomnia, and quite honestly the cbd didn’t do much. But the real deals found at most gas stations has worked out well

• SoCalT
    SoCalT Member Posts: 13 Member

I knew a real MD, a cancer doctor that prescribed medical mmj for her chemo patients side effects.

Now there are cbd's.

You will not find a regular doctor that supports this because pot is still illegal on a federal level.

You may live in a state where it has been legalized.

Check it out. It will help.

• SoCalT
    SoCalT Member Posts: 13 Member

Also cbd's will have minimal effect. They are more of a topical treatment.

Smoking is the fastest method for relief. Edibles take about an hour for results.

Look for an Indica strain for pain, sleep, and relief.

PM me for more information.