Not sure if this a setback or not *update with good news!*

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
edited October 2018 in Colorectal Cancer #1

my husband has been having severe gas pain after eating and Saturday it reallly got bad. I thought it was pancreatitis but his blood test was good. He had a ct scan in the Er here and they said he had bile duct leak, his surgeon at Sloan said he didn’t think so, however he never said what he thought it is.  So we overnighted a copy of the scan today he sees his oncologist tomorrow at Sloan for his hai pump hopefully they will have better answers. Worst case his tumors are growing in the ducts, I guess better case the stent is just malfunctioning in some way. 

i wish he had been a bit more honest about how he was feeling because we got a puppy on Friday so not exactly the best timing. My plate was already pretty full. He is cute and good though.  It’s funny all you wish for when you are young is for time to hurry up so you can get older. Now all I keep wishing for is for time to slow down so I have more time with him, I can’t shake the feeling the end is coming. Colon cancer spread into the bile ducts is bad, very rare, and very bad :(

update:

the dr called tonight the radiologist st Sloan read the scan gave their report. The fluid they saw was normal from surgery and actually was less than last scan, it also had air associated with it all normal results aftEr his surgery. No lesions or tumors and the bile ducts are no longer dilated and they don’t see the tumors in them, however until they confirm with an mrcp cat scan that sees this better we won’t get too excited here. He is feeling much better not sure what caused his pain. Very grateful for that HAI pump!

Comments

• karyns_dad
    karyns_dad Member Posts: 24 Member
    Its tough

Its tough being a caregiver but from my three years here you always do great.  I will pray God slows down time and restores years for you both.  Hopefully you will have an amazing story for us tomorrow.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Setbacks

These continued setbacks are so disheartening.  I hope for the best possible outcome, and that whatever is causing this pain while eating, is something that can be easily fixed. 

I hope puppy is toilet trained. Other than that, I bet its a good thing to have something young and adorable, running around. 

And I am sorry to hear you are feeling the end is nigh. Obviously I hope that you are wrong. I know you need your man as much as he needs you. I pray for nothing but the best.  

Tru

• Ruthmomto4
    Trubrit said:

Setbacks

These continued setbacks are so disheartening.  I hope for the best possible outcome, and that whatever is causing this pain while eating, is something that can be easily fixed. 

I hope puppy is toilet trained. Other than that, I bet its a good thing to have something young and adorable, running around. 

And I am sorry to hear you are feeling the end is nigh. Obviously I hope that you are wrong. I know you need your man as much as he needs you. I pray for nothing but the best.  

Tru

Thank you!

although today we did nothing but bicker, he hates when I spend hours looking up every single detail of his ct scans. I don’t know why I do it, it just makes me worse but I can’t help it. Then the basement flooded so that was fun, and the previously trained puppy decided he was afraid of the rain and had many accidents. Glad to see the day end. Thinking of you as well!

• Ruthmomto4

Its tough

Its tough being a caregiver but from my three years here you always do great.  I will pray God slows down time and restores years for you both.  Hopefully you will have an amazing story for us tomorrow.

Thank you!

i am sick with worry over what the day will bring tomorrow. It’s out of my hands I guess that’s what is so hard.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Oh my goodness

I'm so sorry that you both are going through another trial.  Adding the basement flooding is not a plus to all the stress you have been through either.  Praying that everything gets better. I'm praying that all is well.

Kim

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Sorry for your recent

Sorry for your recent stresses, a pup can ease or add to them. In our case, the British bulldog was exactly what my wife needed, after her first brain tumor surgery. Wanting one for so long, she fell in love, and kept busy with that dog, and the female version that followed three years later. They did their job, and became family and something to keep Cindy in the moment and happy. Now ten-ish, old Harley's mostly blind, hard of hearing, and asleep in my room 20+ hours a day. He's mostly a speed bump if I'm not paying attention to my steps, but I owe him a comfortable twilight, and that's what it is. I hope the pup can do for you what Harley did for us, teaching us to live in the moment, and enjoy the little things in life. Even now when I get all knotted up, I tell myself to think more like a dog, not lost in the past and not anticipating every complication of the future, just there, here in the present. Hard to do, but worth trying for. I hope the pup helps you, and you both get better answers and options, going forward..................................................Dave

• Ruthmomto4
    edited September 2018 #8

Oh my goodness

I'm so sorry that you both are going through another trial.  Adding the basement flooding is not a plus to all the stress you have been through either.  Praying that everything gets better. I'm praying that all is well.

Kim

Thank you Kim!

Still waiting for results but the oncologist does not think it’s a leak either. His blood tests were all back to normal today I have feeling it’s nothing, except complications with the hai pump.

• Ruthmomto4

Sorry for your recent

Sorry for your recent stresses, a pup can ease or add to them. In our case, the British bulldog was exactly what my wife needed, after her first brain tumor surgery. Wanting one for so long, she fell in love, and kept busy with that dog, and the female version that followed three years later. They did their job, and became family and something to keep Cindy in the moment and happy. Now ten-ish, old Harley's mostly blind, hard of hearing, and asleep in my room 20+ hours a day. He's mostly a speed bump if I'm not paying attention to my steps, but I owe him a comfortable twilight, and that's what it is. I hope the pup can do for you what Harley did for us, teaching us to live in the moment, and enjoy the little things in life. Even now when I get all knotted up, I tell myself to think more like a dog, not lost in the past and not anticipating every complication of the future, just there, here in the present. Hard to do, but worth trying for. I hope the pup helps you, and you both get better answers and options, going forward..................................................Dave

Thank you Dave

I have two other dogs one is 13 and one is 9 both girls. They are less than thrilled with their new annoying brother. We had to put our 12 year old golden down in June because he had cancer. My heart is still broken, but the hole he left was huge. I feel his awesome love and life he gave us we owed it to another dog to pass all that on. My girls disagree lol 

• Ruthmomto4
    Update

his surgeon looked at his ct scan and said he does not have a bile duct leak  and that his scan looked fine. Not cured of the tumors in the duct or anything but not the problem now. He went to the oncologist yesterday and all his blood was perfect except one number which was going down. So no ERCP tomorrow and we just continue on. He is having a radiologist at Sloan re-read the report to see if there anything they need to do but for now we are good. I will breathe easier once we get an all clear from them but I am good for now.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Sounds promising. Is he

Sounds promising. Is he feeling better?

Jan

• Ruthmomto4
    JanJan63 said:

Sounds promising. Is he

Sounds promising. Is he feeling better?

Jan

Yes!

he feels totally fine now, not sure what happened. It seemed like pancreatitis but his amylase and lipase were normal. How are you  feeling? Did you read above we got a puppy?! he is a welcome distraction most days!

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    edited September 2018 #13

Yes!

he feels totally fine now, not sure what happened. It seemed like pancreatitis but his amylase and lipase were normal. How are you  feeling? Did you read above we got a puppy?! he is a welcome distraction most days!

I did read about the puppy

I did read about the puppy but not what kind it is. Or how about a picture? I'm doing okay, thanks for asking. Slowly getting stronger.

Jan 

• Ruthmomto4
    JanJan63 said:

I did read about the puppy

I did read about the puppy but not what kind it is. Or how about a picture? I'm doing okay, thanks for asking. Slowly getting stronger.

Jan 

I don’t know

How to post a picture here 

he is a mix of lab & something not sure what exactly, super sweet though!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Update

his surgeon looked at his ct scan and said he does not have a bile duct leak  and that his scan looked fine. Not cured of the tumors in the duct or anything but not the problem now. He went to the oncologist yesterday and all his blood was perfect except one number which was going down. So no ERCP tomorrow and we just continue on. He is having a radiologist at Sloan re-read the report to see if there anything they need to do but for now we are good. I will breathe easier once we get an all clear from them but I am good for now.

Wow

That has to be some relief.  I'm glad he's feeling a little better.  Yes, breath a little now and then take a good breath when you hear that things are better than you thought.

Kim