CT shows 8.7 cm Cystic entity possibly vascular but US doesn't

Adnola
Adnola Member Posts: 6

I had a CT done because I have been having upper abdominal pain especially to touch for 3 years but the scopes come back clean. This showed an 8.7 cystic entity possibly vascular and a 2 mm, they recommended another CT scan with IV contrast. The Nurse Practitioner that I see set me up for an US saying something along the lines of there was a thick spot in my kidney and I have a 2mm kidney stone. I get the ultrasound and the copy of the report for the CT (this is where I find out about the cyst). Apparently, the ultrasound showed "no appreciable" stone and made no mention of the cyst.  This is confusing me considering I didn't see anywhere that a cyst that large just disappears or gets ignored. Is is possible to have a cyst that large on the CT and the US not pick it up?

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    You need to see a Urologist

Adnola,

You need to see a Urologist, not a NP or GP to answer your questions. Sending good karma your way.

icemantoo

• Adnola
    edited July 2018 #3
    icemantoo said:

Adnola,

You need to see a Urologist, not a NP or GP to answer your questions. Sending good karma your way.

icemantoo

Urologist appointment in middle of August

I have a urologist appointment in the middle of August, but in the meantime I'm freaking out a little.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    A few questions

Adnola;

Were the CT amd US of the same area?  You mention pain in the upper abdomen while rhe Kidney is in the Pelvic area. Can you ask the radiologist in the mean ime?                                   

icemantoo                                       

• Adnola
    edited July 2018 #5
    icemantoo said:

A few questions

Adnola;

Were the CT amd US of the same area?  You mention pain in the upper abdomen while rhe Kidney is in the Pelvic area. Can you ask the radiologist in the mean ime?                                   

icemantoo                                       

CT and US

The CT was done in the entire abdominal area. It mentions that bottom of lungs are clear colon appears appears unobstructed. The US was done on the kidneys and bladder.

• Adnola
    edited July 2018 #6
    icemantoo said:

Adnola,

icemantoo

Thank you for the good karma.

I can really use good karma/ energy.

• Adnola
    edited July 2018 #7
    The waiting until August is

The waiting until August is driving me up the wall. I'm not a patient person by nature.

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    The wait will be awful

The wait for any test is just awful. You can't help going to the darkest places. Try and relax if possible. There has been several people here who had tests indicating a serious condition only to be told it was something benign.perhaps you won't need to join this club no one wanted to join in the first place!  Sending some calming and positive thoughts your way during your wait.

• Adnola
    edited July 2018 #9

The wait will be awful

The wait for any test is just awful. You can't help going to the darkest places. Try and relax if possible. There has been several people here who had tests indicating a serious condition only to be told it was something benign.perhaps you won't need to join this club no one wanted to join in the first place!  Sending some calming and positive thoughts your way during your wait.

Thank you!

Thank you!