Husband follow up to oncologist.

Jeffris1
Jeffris1 Member Posts: 41
edited July 2018 in Kidney Cancer #1

Went to oncologist totoday. Good news is it is renal clear cell carcinoma. Which is the 75 percent of the ormal kidney cancer. JAY will do another blood test to make sure his one kidney is working good. Then another CT scan as a post kidney removal starting point. Then in two weeks we start checkmate 214, 

Nivolumab plus Ipilimumab, https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1712126 

a biological immunotherapy combination drug. This should cause his t-cells to attack. The goal is to stop the bone metastasis to halt progression. This is just a start. Will keep you posted. Bone scan showed two new mets on 11th rib and scapula.

Comments

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    I dont know where your

I dont know where your husband is being treated, but I am assuming it's a. Major medical center because he is involved in a trial.  My husband also had spinal mets and the only way they evaluate his spine is with MRIs.  I'm curious if your husband can have a bone strengthening agent while on this trial?  Either zometa or xgeva?

• Jeffris1
    a_oaklee said:

I dont know where your

I dont know where your husband is being treated, but I am assuming it's a. Major medical center because he is involved in a trial.  My husband also had spinal mets and the only way they evaluate his spine is with MRIs.  I'm curious if your husband can have a bone strengthening agent while on this trial?  Either zometa or xgeva?

Yes bone strengthening agent

This is Arizona oncology in Phoenix. It is a smaller medical building but has everything we need. The doctor said he will be giving him bone strengthing agents at the same time.

• Jeffris1
    Jeffris1 said:

Yes bone strengthening agent

This is Arizona oncology in Phoenix. It is a smaller medical building but has everything we need. The doctor said he will be giving him bone strengthing agents at the same time.

Don't know which ones yet.

We will find out next week more into.