new mets

Abunai
Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member

Hi everyone,

I am writing this on behalf of Abunai. On Tuesday, he started having weakness with the left side of his body, with his memory, and concentration. We were instructed to go to the ER. After a CT and then an MRI, we were told he has about 20 tumors in his brain. Up until this point, there had never been any sign of mets in that area.

Surgery is not an option, so to try to shrink the tumors, or at least the swelling caused by them, we have decided to go through a 10 day, whole brain, radiation treatment. If it works, it could buy him a month or two. If things go very well, they may be able to do cyberknife on tha largest tumors later, and maybe buy him some more time. He's had two treatments so far.

We came home from the hospital last night. His left leg is getting less wobbly, so I'm taking that as a sign of improvement.

Anyway, he really wanted me to get a message out to you guys, and he specifically mentioned that he wanted to know how Fox was doing.

He loves you guys very much.

Dave's wife.

Comments

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Oh Dear God

my heart breaks for both of you

You could tell  by his writing he is very much devoted to you

i pray you get good response .. some people on smart patients have had good responses to that

please tell we love him very much and  sending you strength to get over this

Annie

• yellow lotus
    yellow lotus Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018 #3
    I am so very sorry to hear

I am so very sorry to hear about this and am praying for strength for both of you and that Abunai will have good results with the radiation treatments.  Jan

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Sending good karma

Sending good karma

icemantoo

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Keeping you both in my

Keeping you both in my thoughts. I'm so very sorry you are both going through such a terribly difficult time. Hoping the radiation is successful.

• Cinnamongirl
    Cinnamongirl Member Posts: 199 Member
    Thoughts

I'm so sorry to read this. Please tell Dave that you both are in my prayers. He has always been so supportive of me and my journey.

Sending hugs

Cin

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Hard times

Dave's a trooper.  We were diagnosed together in 2016.  I've been following his story closely.   Let him know we're all pulling for him (and you and your family) and wish him only the best. 

Thank you so much for giving us an update.  He's a big part of this forum!

Stub

• Nanaof10
    Nanaof10 Member Posts: 57 Member
    My thoughts and prayers

to you both. Dave has truly been an inspiration to me and many others. May God be with you both and may He guide the doctors to help him get well.

Deb

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    edited July 2018 #9
    Sending him love and healing thoughts

He has always been such a positive and caring member of this forum.  Hoping for best results on his treatment.  

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    This is so devastating and I

This is so devastating and I cannot even hardly fathom how either of you must feel right now. Just know all your Warrior Friends here are fighting with you and sending you strength.

Sending much love to you both.

• Kat23502
    Kat23502 Member Posts: 179 Member
    Lots of good thoughts to you!

Lots of good thoughts to you!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    I am sorry to hear this,

I am sorry to hear this, especially we both joined the forum around the same time. Please take 

Good care of yourself too, i am sure it is hard for you as well. My prayer is with you, hope the treatment with work effectly.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    prayers sent your way.

prayers sent your way.

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    Sending positive thoughts

Sending positive thoughts and good Karma.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Thoughts are with you

Sending prayers

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    Tell Dave we are sending

Tell Dave we are sending prayers and well wishes his way. Hang in there.

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    In my thoughts

You are both in my thoughts.

Steve.

• ImNotDeadYet
    ImNotDeadYet Member Posts: 244
    He's been on my mínd lately

I hope the radiation can privide some relief and can give you all some quality time together.

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    Speachless. :-(

Speachless. :-(

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Thank you so much for letting

Thank you so much for letting us know. He's so lucky to have YOU in his life, testing those vows again!

Let Dave know that WE will ride along side him on this treacherous journey. WE get it! WE care!

And I care about YOU too!

Sending healing hugs!

Jan

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Oh f... Please, hold on, both

Oh f... Please, hold on, both of you...

I don't know your name, Dave's wife, but hugs and strength to you, lot's of strength...