Wound leaking clear with blood

Jeffris1
Jeffris1 Member Posts: 41

Should my husband's wound from nephrectomy be leaking bloody fluid? Not pure blood just clear fluid with blood in it? It has been a week and a half post surgery. Is not bad, just is.

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Call the doctor

Jeffris,

Call the doctor. Have him seen. Do these things happen after surgery.? Sometimes. Again have it checked out. If necessary call the surgeon besides the GP. Do not let it go. Hopefully cleaning and looking at the wound will help.

icemantoo

• KarlaKim
    KarlaKim Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018 #3
    ...as I'm not a doctor, pls

...as I'm not a doctor, pls do what your instincts dictate... But, I had a robotic proceedure and I leaked that same fluid for a good 2 weeks, one in hospital, one home.  From what I understand if there's pure blood or a total stop of fluid followed by a big discharge you might want to check in. My surgery was on the 6th of June and my drainage hole is still there and still my most often changed dressing, aka there's a bit of leakage every day.

• KarlaKim
    KarlaKim Member Posts: 8
    KarlaKim said:

...as I'm not a doctor, pls

...as I'm not a doctor, pls do what your instincts dictate... But, I had a robotic proceedure and I leaked that same fluid for a good 2 weeks, one in hospital, one home.  From what I understand if there's pure blood or a total stop of fluid followed by a big discharge you might want to check in. My surgery was on the 6th of June and my drainage hole is still there and still my most often changed dressing, aka there's a bit of leakage every day.

.... juuuuuuust realised this

.... juuuuuuust realised this was from ages ago...sorry

• Jeffris1
    Jeffris1 Member Posts: 41
    Fluid has quit, and incision is closed

Just a check in, the incision is finally closed all the way and he is moving around great.  He even mowed the lawn last weekend, 3.5 weeks after surgery.  He has a bone scan today and on the 9th he sees the oncologist again and we make our plan of attack.

So far, $18,000 out of pocket, and still have bills that have not come in yet.