Anyone on Myrbetriq?

Tech70
Tech70 Member Posts: 70 Member

Since I have chosen to go with AS for the time being to treat my PCa, I still have the problems associated with BPH to deal with.  I have been taking Flomax for about 8 months now and it seems to help, but because my urge is so sudden and strong, my urologist thinks I may have an overactive bladder as well.  She said there are two drugs she recommends one with some side effects like dry eyes and mouth and constipation and one with less side effects but higher cost, that being Myrbetriq.  I'm going with the fewer side effects, but the cost of Myrbetriq is close to $400 a month.  I can afford it, but if there's any way to save $$ I will.  Does anyone have any ideas for lowering the cost of this drug?

Comments

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    Mirabegron (Betmiga, Myrbetriq, etc)

I used the drug successfully two years ago to shorten the times I got up at night to pee. I took it during two weeks and it worked well with no particular side effect.
    In my country this med is expensive too and not co-participated by the National Health Service but it cost me 41 euros at the local pharmacy for a 50mg box of 30 pills. I wonder the price suggested to you. In Europe is sold everywhere so that you may investigate which country has it cheaper to order online. You will need a doctor's prescription.

Here is the link;

https://myhealthbox.eu/en/medicine/betmiga/3523572

VG

• Tech70

Mirabegron (Betmiga, Myrbetriq, etc)

I used the drug successfully two years ago to shorten the times I got up at night to pee. I took it during two weeks and it worked well with no particular side effect.
    In my country this med is expensive too and not co-participated by the National Health Service but it cost me 41 euros at the local pharmacy for a 50mg box of 30 pills. I wonder the price suggested to you. In Europe is sold everywhere so that you may investigate which country has it cheaper to order online. You will need a doctor's prescription.

Here is the link;

https://myhealthbox.eu/en/medicine/betmiga/3523572

VG

US and Canadian Prices

In the US, the price is around $380-400 for a 30 day supply!  I found Canadian pharmacies that see 90 tablets for around $250.  All prices for 50 mg.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    A free trip to EU

Well, for that money you can visit Portugal, bring along your wife and a prescription and buy one year supply. Then enjoy the free trip and get better.

• Tech70

A free trip to EU

Well, for that money you can visit Portugal, bring along your wife and a prescription and buy one year supply. Then enjoy the free trip and get better.

I have

I have been to Portugal and loved it.  Some time in Lisbon, then a Viking cruise on the Douro River.  Love your country.