Guess what???

CRashster
CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member

Yes, it's scan week! You guys know how much I love scanning. Fun fact, you really only hear from me every 6 months during scan week! Hate it. It's Friday, so you know I'm already stressing. Did bloodwork on Friday, videoed the whole thing and didn't flinch. Freaked the girl out. My scan is early like 9am and I've taken the rest of the day, but haven't figured out what I what to do with the rest of the day. May go fishing. Probably go to the mall and play Pinbot. Not to be a downer, but I feel I only have so many NEDs left, so I'm going to celebrate every one.

Comments

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    Try and enjoy the day of your

Try and enjoy the day of your scan! I was sick after drinking the contrast. I'm lucky I didn't vomit it all up before the scan! Ruined my day. Hopefully your day will be better. So glad its a chest x ray in 6 months. 

Take care, 

Stephanie

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Good luck with the scans!

Good luck with the scans! scanxiety DOES get better with time, in several years :-)

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    Make the plans

The wait is going to be awful as you know. Make the plans so you have something post test. You need the mental break. I may have missed  if you posted about the Relay you were going to do. Did you end up doing it? I'll be thinking of you Friday and sending positive thoughts.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Wishing you a boring report

Wishing you a boring report and many more to come

• CRashster

Make the plans

The wait is going to be awful as you know. Make the plans so you have something post test. You need the mental break. I may have missed  if you posted about the Relay you were going to do. Did you end up doing it? I'll be thinking of you Friday and sending positive thoughts.

Thank you.

Thank you for remembeing my Relay. It isn't until 9/29, so I'm still in the planning phase. I didn't realize as a team captain I'd be responible for providing a tent and everything that goes with it. But, it's going well, I've got good people. This is way out of my comfort zone, but I'm having fun with it.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    I get it...

Many of us struggle with the pre-scan anxiety.  Since it does impact so many I put it in the "normal" category. 

To ward off the dark demons of negative thought, I try to remember what so many of our members have posted concerning this----think of it as preventative maintenence.  If something does pop up, we catch it early and small so getting rid of it is less difficult.  Fox has posted numerous time that we will be watched closer than we every had.  IMO this is good.  Yesterday the doctor told me for the first time that I'd have scans (one kind or another) the rest of my life.  If that's the case, I better get use to thinking of it with a positive spin.

Good luck, CR.  I look forward to your post with the results!

Stub 

• CRashster
    stub1969 said:

I get it...

Many of us struggle with the pre-scan anxiety.  Since it does impact so many I put it in the "normal" category. 

To ward off the dark demons of negative thought, I try to remember what so many of our members have posted concerning this----think of it as preventative maintenence.  If something does pop up, we catch it early and small so getting rid of it is less difficult.  Fox has posted numerous time that we will be watched closer than we every had.  IMO this is good.  Yesterday the doctor told me for the first time that I'd have scans (one kind or another) the rest of my life.  If that's the case, I better get use to thinking of it with a positive spin.

Good luck, CR.  I look forward to your post with the results!

Stub 

I get it..

I see it more like the lottery that I get to play every 6 months. If I win, I get to live without worrying about it for another 6 months. If I lose, I have to do something else. So far, I've only lost once.

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    I go through my two year scan

I go through my two year scan process on July 11th (previous scans were January, 2016 and July, 2017), so I have a little bit of time before the scanxiety sets in.

I'm sure yours will be fine.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    I go soon too

I go too in July for 2 1/2 year Follow up.  

Never gets easier, I always get anxiety about it. 

Hate it!

Kim

• CRashster
    Steph85 said:

Try and enjoy the day of your

Try and enjoy the day of your scan! I was sick after drinking the contrast. I'm lucky I didn't vomit it all up before the scan! Ruined my day. Hopefully your day will be better. So glad its a chest x ray in 6 months. 

Take care, 

Stephanie

Contrast.

i always get an IV, I’ve never had to drink it.

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    CRashster said:

Contrast.

i always get an IV, I’ve never had to drink it.

Yes, IV in the arm for

Yes, IV in the arm for contrast but I drink the barium sulfate to. 2 bottles of it.. Yuck. 

• Matt1979
    Matt1979 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2018 #13
    First 6 month scan

I just had my first 6 month chest & abdomen CT scan (didn't have one at 3 months like some here) last Tuesday, and my appt with the doc was yesterday and got the all clear.  I was doing suprisingly good keeping my mind off of it up until the Monday morning when I got a message that I had "new test results" online.  I checked it out and saw the chest CT notes were all good, but they didn't post the abdomen which was done at the same time.  I'll I can think of the last 24 hours was "why are they holding back those results, they must need to sit me down".  Didn't sleep a wink that night....  They should either release it all, or nothing before the appointment.  Anyway, I know better 6 months from now to not read anything into how they release test results online.

• CRashster
    Today.

scan didn’t happen, the doc never called. No one called. They just cancelled. Got pissed off, re-scheduled, on for next week. Almost quit them. My GP urged me to go back. It’s been a bad day. To them it’s just appointments.

• Retcenturion
    That's awful

It does seem that you become a number. Few people realize the stress involved or just ignore it.. Did you at least get to enjoy part of the day? Smoked trout can wipe away a bad morning. Try and enjoy the weekend.

• CRashster
    Today.

we try again. Called and confirmed my appt. once again, ready to go.

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    All the best!!

All the best!!

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    You will

Be relieved when it's over and all is good-sending best wishes for continued good health-June

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    Well drats, darn and phooey

Well drats, darn and phooey on that. Well, hang tough. I for one would love to go fishing. Let's take the boat out and go crabbing, too. I loved living on the southern Oregon coast by the ocean. Fresh dungeoness crab. YUM YUM YUMMY. 

My husband told me to think of something I love to do while having the scans. So I am thinking of all those crab at the bottom of the water, just waiting to get into the crab pot. It is very soothing!!! Especially during a noisy MRI which is a little more disconcerting.

All the best, and we will send Uncle Ned your way.

• CRashster
    So

i get to the docs office, today. The girl said my co-pay is 40 bucks. So, I pay it. Then I start thinking, 40 bucks for a scan? It’s been 300 something, so I go up and ask. The girl said” no, you’re not scanning today.” I said “yes, I am.” She argues that I’m not. I said, “I’m either scanning today, or never coming back.” I told her I need to see the doc. He comes in and tells her I’m supposed to scan. She told him that there was no one there to do it. So, they send me down the street at a scan place, two hours later. 777 bucks! After another whole day fighting for my scan... I’m NED! But, still, I’m fighting over the billing. Me having to pay twice as much for their continual incompetence is not accetable. NED And annual scans!

• Retcenturion
    How does this happen again?

Is the Dr name Stooge? How can this happen twice in 2 weeks. I don't have anything to say that could ease a terrible day. Try and enjoy the 4th weekend withthat beautiful girl in the picture and the rest of your loved ones. Sending good Karma.