Bone cancer

Kevin1224
Kevin1224 Member Posts: 34
edited June 2018 in Colorectal Cancer #1

So my wife has been on chemo for a little of a year now.  She just had an MRI this past week to check her pain she has been having in her rip hip area. They always suspected that she had bone cancer.  The MRI did show that she has cancer in her right hip area, but the chemo seems to be working as it has shrunk.  The MRI also shows a new spot near her spine area close to her hip.  At this point the oncologist has already told us that her cancer is incurable and she is not a candidate for surgery.  I am just curious has anyone have/had the same thing happen to them, and what did they do or offer so I could ask the oncologist about it.

Kevin

Comments

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    Did she have colon cancer

Did she have colon cancer also?

• Kevin1224
    abita said:

Colon cancer

Her cancer started in the colon, with mets to the liver andrenal and now bone.

• Woodytele
    Woodytele Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2018 #4
    Yup

i have it in my bones, hip area.  I had radiation on my neck and hip area.  It should kill the cancer cells hopefully.  The cancer gets into the bone, and it can either break it entirely, or cause a fracture which is what I had.  The radiation seems to have helped me. 

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited June 2018 #5
    abita said:

So colon cancer in the bones.

So colon cancer in the bones. I hope that means that the treatments available for colon cancer will kill it.

• Kevin1224
    edited June 2018 #6
    abita said:

So colon cancer in the bones.

So colon cancer in the bones. I hope that means that the treatments available for colon cancer will kill it.

Bone

They are going to continue her regular treatment, and if it gets worse then they will do radiation to the area

Kevin

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Pain

I'm sorry to hear of the bone cancer.  Both my hips have been replaced due to the radiation because it was targeted at the rectal area and and not due to cancer.  I'm not able to help with your question, but wanted to let you know that I'm wishing her the best.

Kim