ASCO Highlights from the International Kidney Cancer Coalition (IKCC)

lobbyist0724
lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member

The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Conference in Chicago June 1-5 2018 brought together oncology professionals, patient advocates, and organisations from around the world. For kidney cancer specifically, the conference included the presentation of results from one large blockbuster surgical trial, and several smaller studies in kidney cancer that may influence practice. Here are four studies that were of particular interest.

http://ikcc.org/asco-highlights-international-kidney-cancer-coalition-ikcc/

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Thanks!

Although none of the abstracts state this, I'm assuming these studies dealt with Clear Cell RCC rather than the other sub-types. 

Thanks again for sharing this information, Lobbyist.

Stub 

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2018 #3
    You are welcome, I believe

You are welcome, I believe they are targeting CCRCC as well. Haven't seen any significant news from AUA/IKCC regarding Chromophobe but will post if I see anything worth sharing.

It has been chaning rapidly regarding treatments since I joined the club in 2016. Good health to all! There are cases of long term durable "complete responders" with immunotherapy, where questions like "CR = Cure?" are being asked in the conference lately. I guess the key is to improve the response rate.

Carmen

• Justinb40y
    Justinb40y Member Posts: 22

You are welcome, I believe

You are welcome, I believe they are targeting CCRCC as well. Haven't seen any significant news from AUA/IKCC regarding Chromophobe but will post if I see anything worth sharing.

It has been chaning rapidly regarding treatments since I joined the club in 2016. Good health to all! There are cases of long term durable "complete responders" with immunotherapy, where questions like "CR = Cure?" are being asked in the conference lately. I guess the key is to improve the response rate.

Carmen

Developments

All developments happening in clear cell. What is happening for nonclear cell?

For non clear cell this disease is pure death sentence with no good treatments unlike clear cell

Thanks