microwave

model67a
model67a Member Posts: 8

Doctor mentioned something about using microwave on my lung.  Anyone know anything about this ?

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

I'm not able to help you but please don't go on the internet and look it up as the information sometimes isn't very accurate and is outdated.  There might be others that will chime in to help you.  Hope they can give you some answers.

Kim

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Do you mean ablation? If so,

Do you mean ablation? If so, I know some people on here will be able to help you. I know very little about it, it's not available where I live. It is for lung cancer but not colon cancer mets in the lung.

Jan

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    It's a high frequency version

It's a high frequency version of ablation, which zaps any tissue it's aimed at, namely cancer.....................................................Dave

• model67a
    model67a Member Posts: 8
    JanJan63 said:

Do you mean ablation? If so,

Do you mean ablation? If so, I know some people on here will be able to help you. I know very little about it, it's not available where I live. It is for lung cancer but not colon cancer mets in the lung.

Jan

I do have mets in the lung

I do have mets in the lung from colon cancer.  Have to question my onco further on next meeting.  Thanks

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    I had the old microwave treatment...

on my liver. 

It was called a Thermal Microwave Ablation.  

That was four years two months ago, and I have been NED ever since. 

Tru

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    model67a said:

I do have mets in the lung

I do have mets in the lung from colon cancer.  Have to question my onco further on next meeting.  Thanks

Sorry, I meant it's available

Sorry, I meant it's available here for lung cancer but nor for colon cancer mets.