Husband had surgery today 6-6-18

Jeffris1
Jeffris1 Member Posts: 41

Radical nephrectomy with tumor on the kidney. Tumor was encapsulated and nothing found in general area. Surgery went well only 75 minutes. I finally got home after a long day at hospital. We got the big mother out, next step recovery, then start working on the mother's children on his ribs. 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Short Initiation

Jeffris,

Sounds like the surgery went well. Hopefully the other lunar material will get resoved quickly as well.

icemantoo

• Phillyd274
    Phillyd274 Member Posts: 8
    I'm glad to hear surgery went

I'm glad to hear surgery went well today. 

• Jeffris1
    Still in hospital, bowels haven't woke up yet 6-8-18.

Well he is not happy, he still is full of air, with no bowel movement yet. Had some ice cream and milk yesterday, but only coffee and water today. Hoping he can come home in the morning. He is getting weak with no food.

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited June 2018 #5
    Oh dear

The first week is tough

is he mboile.. that will help the trapped air

dont worry about the bowel thing.. your body is shut down for the op and takes a little while to get going again

Why is he not eating

Annie

• Amy_Jo
    Amy_Jo Member Posts: 70 Member
    Jeffris1 said:

Still in hospital, bowels haven't woke up yet 6-8-18.

Well he is not happy, he still is full of air, with no bowel movement yet. Had some ice cream and milk yesterday, but only coffee and water today. Hoping he can come home in the morning. He is getting weak with no food.

I had the same problem my

I had the same problem my surgeon recommended chewing gum. He claims it gets those digestive enzymes going. Wishing him the best. I was given thickened liquids like cream of chicken soup. 

• Jeffris1
    He is home 6-9-18

Well he finally started passing gas, so they said he could go home. Still has not had real food, but is home and is happy. Dogs are happy too. We will start with light food like Apple sauce, chicken noodle soup, pudding, milk, pb&j. Staples will come out in a week and half. Thanks for your support.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Jeffris1 said:

He is home 6-9-18

Well he finally started passing gas, so they said he could go home. Still has not had real food, but is home and is happy. Dogs are happy too. We will start with light food like Apple sauce, chicken noodle soup, pudding, milk, pb&j. Staples will come out in a week and half. Thanks for your support.

Here is a helpful hint

Jeeffris,

The pain medications can make you a little constipated and no one in their right mind wants to be constipated when that big day arrives. Take a little stool softener.

icemantoo

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    home remedy

Hello Jeffris.  I have to tell you, I was miserable when I came home.  The big BM was nowhere in sight, so I asked a couple of our friends that are nurses for ideas.  I ended up drinking Mirlax in prune juice a couple times and bang--it happened.  What a relief.  

I'm glad he's home--now comes the healing (after his BM;))

Good luck!

Stub