When a Double Ear Infection is actually a Good Thing

sandy23
sandy23 Member Posts: 143 Member

Before having cancer touch your life, little aches and pains go mostly unnoticed or can be put out of our minds with the help of a little ibuprofen.

After having cancer touch your life, every feeling is a "What if" or "Maybe I should be worried". 

My husband started getting bumps up and down his neck a while ago.  He had neck and throat pain and felt run down.  We were both assuming the worst. I had thought on many occasions to ask you guys about it on this forum but I was somehow afraid that it would make it real, that it would make it be something bad.  I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but OCD is not a stranger to me!!

He finally saw the doctor today and he has a double ear infection.  Not a pleasant thing but he will gladly take it.  Thanks for listening and for always making me feel like a I have place to fall apart if I need to.  You guys are the best!!

Comments

• Trucker1
    Trucker1 Member Posts: 82
    Good News

We will take it!!!!

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited June 2018 #3
    Almost anythings better than Cancer

Sandy,

I could go on, but lets strive for a Cancer free world for now.

icemantoo

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Excellent news! I am a

Excellent news! I am a hypochondriac myself, so I understand your worries and struggles...

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Allochka said:

Excellent news! I am a

Excellent news! I am a hypochondriac myself, so I understand your worries and struggles...

Hypochondriac...or no?

I mentioned to my doctor once that I was a hypochondriac, and he said "if you think you're a hypochondriac, you're not a hypochondriac."  I had to think about that for a minute but it made sense.  Now I just think I'm an over-thinking worrier.

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Tapman63 said:

Hypochondriac...or no?

I mentioned to my doctor once that I was a hypochondriac, and he said "if you think you're a hypochondriac, you're not a hypochondriac."  I had to think about that for a minute but it made sense.  Now I just think I'm an over-thinking worrier.

But, of course...

If you ever think that you're over thinking I think you're not really over thinking but maybe I am under thinking.

Steve.