What, exactly does NED mean?

bielj
bielj Member Posts: 2

i have non-small cell lung cancer which had metastesized by the time I was diagnosed. That was a little over a year ago. I have been on Keytruda since June 2017.  I have read in all the radiology reports and have been told  by my doctor that there is no evidence of disease  (NED).  Does this mean that all the tumors are gone?  It has been recommended that I continue the Keytruda until next May, depending on the results of my next PET scan.  I know I need to ask my physician, which I will do, but i would like to read what others have been told  

Thanks to any and all who respond  

Comments

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    This is great news!

This means they can find no cancer in you! Congrats! This is a huge sucess expecially since you even had mets as well. Does this this mean it can never come back - there is never a guaratee for that I am afraid. Yet you have been given what everyone seeks and so few get. Go, live life to the fullest whether you have 2 months, 2 years, 20 or even 40 years left. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed to the fullest. I wish you nothing but happiness and good health.

• bielj
    bielj Member Posts: 2
    jorola said:

This is great news!

This means they can find no cancer in you! Congrats! This is a huge sucess expecially since you even had mets as well. Does this this mean it can never come back - there is never a guaratee for that I am afraid. Yet you have been given what everyone seeks and so few get. Go, live life to the fullest whether you have 2 months, 2 years, 20 or even 40 years left. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed to the fullest. I wish you nothing but happiness and good health.

Thanks and More Thanks!

Totally appreciate your words, enthusiasm and support!  Got a pedicure today; tomorrow, the world!

• appleworks1430
    appleworks1430 Member Posts: 5
    whqt does NED mean

The group I used to belong to with RCC kidney cancer prefer the more accurate acronym NVED which means no VISUAL evidence of disease, slightly more accurate I think.