I have some pretty good news, finally

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I wish it was "I'm NED" but it's not. I went to my onc today and we've decided that I'm going to wait until the CT scan is done before I go back on the chemo. So not until June. Yay, because my skin is really giving me grief still and I haven't been on it for three weeks. My CEA before just the two treatments was 52. Now it's down to 15. This chemo really works for me!

And, she told me today that when she first saw me she thought my cancer was more aggressive than it is. In a year I had three mets show up and they got to be about the size of peas pretty quickly, one got to be the size of a large marble. But since then they seem to not be very interested in growing. They grow very slowly. When she first met me she said she figured I'd have 9 to 10 years left. Which was pretty okay. Now she says she thinks I have quite a bit longer if the mets continue to grow so slowly.

And I feel good! I'm finally feeling almost normal. I'm so happy!

Jan

Comments

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hugs mate

About time you caught a bit of a break. Ron.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    You might not be NED

but this news definitely deserves a

So happy for you. 

Tru

• Tunadog
    Tunadog Member Posts: 235 Member
    Better than not

Cool  Glad to hear your good news!

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Congrats

Congratulations, Jan.  

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Great News, Jan!

Happy for you!

Grace/lizard44

• JanJan63
    Thanks everyone! And I got

Thanks everyone! And I got the dancing man, yay! I feel like I have a big, dark cloud over me all the time but right now I feel like it's moved aside for a while. I'm SO happy to not get so tired and to be able to do things on my own and have some energy. I might even ride my horse this weekend, which is something I haven't done since September. I feel like going outside and just standing there laughing with my face to the sky, it's such a relief. 

Hugs!

Jan

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Congratulations Jan! Happy

Congratulations Jan! Happy Dancing!

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Every day.

Every day is a gift. Let us all receive each day with great appreciation and let us LIVE and CELEBRATE and REJOICE.

Love and Light to you my friend.

(((Hugs)))

• Marley1983
    Marley1983 Member Posts: 16
    Yay!

So happy for you!

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    That's terriffic Jan, some

That's terriffic Jan, some hopeful, positive words and a break! Ride On!........................................Dave

• lhduffer
    lhduffer Member Posts: 90 Member
    Wonderful news

Such great news!  Congratulations!

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Fantastic

I'm so glad to hear this. What a trooper you are! You stuck through this and now it's finally getting better. It's encouraging to me to see you fight so hard and win. 

You inspire me.

Thanks

K

• Cindy225
    Cindy225 Member Posts: 172 Member
    Be Here Now!!

Jan - Enjoy your energy, horse, family and the world around you! What wonderful news....

Cindy 

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    Awesome!

Woohoo! So glad to hear you're getting a break and this is a wonderful news. Each day is a gift and we have to enjoy it day by day! 

• JanJan63
    Thank you all! I'm almost in

Thank you all! I'm almost in tears from reading your responses. I'm just so happy right now. My scalp has healed up enough for me to be able to colour my gray hairs, too, so that'll be nice and make me feel better. Cancer is such a roller coaster ride. 

Jan 

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    Good to her. Good news is

Good to her. Good news is always great here.

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Thanks everyone! And I got

Thanks everyone! And I got the dancing man, yay! I feel like I have a big, dark cloud over me all the time but right now I feel like it's moved aside for a while. I'm SO happy to not get so tired and to be able to do things on my own and have some energy. I might even ride my horse this weekend, which is something I haven't done since September. I feel like going outside and just standing there laughing with my face to the sky, it's such a relief. 

Hugs!

Jan

This is great news!!

i am so happy to hear things are going well for you and you are feeling well. Best news really!!! I am so happy for you, no one deserves a break and a good spell more than you do!

• SophDan2
    SophDan2 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Gerat to hear

Hi Jan,

I have not been on this site for quite awhile, so it was great that the first post I read was yours. So glad to hear you say that you are feeling normal again.

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368
    Fan-freaking-tastic!

Best news all day. So happy for you, Jan. Enjoy this beautiful news and your time away from chemo.  --Beth

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    WooHooo

That is always good news to have it not growing fast.  It sounds like you have some things to celebrate here.  Take this break of tests and treatment for awhile and just embrace every aspect of being away from it.  Praying for continued success in this treatment and hoping for continued shrinkage.

Hugs!  Kim