Supplements

Cinnamongirl
Cinnamongirl Member Posts: 199 Member

I am currently not taking any supplement except I do take tumeric

I am considering adding bosmeric and maybe vitamin D. My Dr hasn't said one way or another that I should or should not take anything except to avoid multi vitamins.

Any thoughts???

Cin 

Comments

• Brock1969
    Brock1969 Member Posts: 80
    multi?

I haven't heard tp avoid multi vitamins. Any reasoning for this?

• Cinnamongirl
    Cinnamongirl Member Posts: 199 Member
    Not sure

Both my primary Dr and Urologist said I didn't really need them that I should be able to get all the vitamins and minerals I need form my diet of I am eating correctly.

With the exception of maybe  vitamin D

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    I take turmeric and

I take turmeric and glucosamine, as well as a multi-vitamin.  I run a lot, so the glucosamine helps my joints.

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Hi Cin

I'm pretty much on the same page as you. The only vitamins I sometimes take are D and K2.  But I eat liver sometimes and eggs often. They are like vitamin pills on a plate.

I don't fully trust the claims of people who sell supplements. Nutrition advice generally seems to backflip just a little too often.

Brock, search for 'multivitamins bad' and read some of the articles. Opinions vary widely on this stuff.

Steve.

• Manufred
    Manufred Member Posts: 241 Member
    Eat well

Vitamins and supplements are not medicine.

All people will benefit from a healthy diet, and if there are identified deficiencies supplements may be able to help.  I doubt that any of these will actaully defeat cancer.