R-CHOP Pending

13»

Comments

• DJS628
    DJS628 Member Posts: 77
    edited March 2018 #42
    AaronW said:

Thank you Amarie121

I really appreciate all of the advice...well noted. I have heard alot about making sure the nurses wipe down the port...gonna be my priority.

Thank you for the prayers.

Stay strong and God bless.

Aaron

Good Luck and Prayers During Your Treatment

Hi Aaron,

I am new on here and it looks like a good support group!  I just posted my first post a few minutes ago.  Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi," and let you know I had R-Chop (three treatments) for my Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in the fall of 2015, then again last summer (2017) when it came back.  I had minor side effects to the treatment.  Seems like I would have some nausea a week or so after each treatment for a few days.  I also had the constipation problem.  After treatment shots to up my counts gave me some bone pain, but it was very managable.  There were a few days where it got me kind of bad in the lower back.  But it was temporary.  I had the pain before my stem cell transplant, too.  They gave me three times the dose to stimulate my stem cells into the blood, so it was a little worse.  But as soon as I no longer was getting the shots, the pain went away.  The pain wasn't constant when I had it, either.

I know someone who had follicular lymphoma, was in remission, then two years later, she said it transformed to a b-cell lymphoma.  Sounds like you?

Try to take one day at a time.  You will be in my prayers that treatment will be well-tolerated and it does its job well!

Take Care,

DJS628

P.S.

During my stem cell transplant, I was told that the Claritin would help with the bone pain. 

• AaronW
    AaronW Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2018 #43
    DJS628 said:

Good Luck and Prayers During Your Treatment

Hi Aaron,

I am new on here and it looks like a good support group!  I just posted my first post a few minutes ago.  Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi," and let you know I had R-Chop (three treatments) for my Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in the fall of 2015, then again last summer (2017) when it came back.  I had minor side effects to the treatment.  Seems like I would have some nausea a week or so after each treatment for a few days.  I also had the constipation problem.  After treatment shots to up my counts gave me some bone pain, but it was very managable.  There were a few days where it got me kind of bad in the lower back.  But it was temporary.  I had the pain before my stem cell transplant, too.  They gave me three times the dose to stimulate my stem cells into the blood, so it was a little worse.  But as soon as I no longer was getting the shots, the pain went away.  The pain wasn't constant when I had it, either.

I know someone who had follicular lymphoma, was in remission, then two years later, she said it transformed to a b-cell lymphoma.  Sounds like you?

Try to take one day at a time.  You will be in my prayers that treatment will be well-tolerated and it does its job well!

Take Care,

DJS628

P.S.

During my stem cell transplant, I was told that the Claritin would help with the bone pain. 

Thank you!

Hi DJ. Been away from the boards but on my last day of the Pred regiment (5 days, 100mg), which I feel has been the worst part for me. Thankfully the nausea was minor and I took Zofran for a few days - none today. No real bone/thigh pain experienced, of course I had 19 Ritux before so used to that most likely.

Looking forward to the few weeks of hopefullying feeling good - 1 down, 5 to go.Smile