No defined lesion, is Cyber Knife possible

Tech70
Tech70 Member Posts: 70 Member

I finally got a copy of my 3T MRI report and as my urologist told me, the results showed "No MRI demonstation of any lesion in the prostate that is specifically suspicious for prostate carcinoma."

As posted below, my confirmational second biopsy showed two small areas (3 & 7%) of Gleason 3+4 whereas my original biopsy was one 10% core Gelason 3+3.

I haven't paniced yet, as I am having the slides reviewed and genomic testing done on the positive samples.  However, I am starting to consider my options in case future treatment is required.  I haven't had a consultation with a radiaton oncologist yet, but Cyber Knife treatment does sound like something I'd like to consider.  My question is, since there's no defined lesion to target, is Cyber Knife possible; can they just fry the whole damn prostate?

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited March 2018 #2
    Don't understand

How can you write that there are no defined lesions? You have at least two areas that are worthy of treatment/attention.

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    SBRT

The total prostate is treated; also the radiologist has the ability to expand the perimeter beyond the prostate when it is suspected that the cancer has escaped the prostate, which I do not believe is your case.

I suggest that you may wish to explore doing the same as I did, which I mentioned in your  last thread before receiving active treatment

Last thread

https://csn.cancer.org/node/315620

• Tech70
    Old Salt said:

Don't understand

How can you write that there are no defined lesions? You have at least two areas that are worthy of treatment/attention.

The radiologist's report said

The radiologist's report said there were no lesions that showed on the MRI.  Just quoting verbatum from his report.

• Tech70

SBRT

The total prostate is treated; also the radiologist has the ability to expand the perimeter beyond the prostate when it is suspected that the cancer has escaped the prostate, which I do not believe is your case.

I suggest that you may wish to explore doing the same as I did, which I mentioned in your  last thread before receiving active treatment

Last thread

https://csn.cancer.org/node/315620

I am considering that.  The

I am considering that.  The GPS from the Oncotype testing will have a strong influence on my decision.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,285 Member
    Tech70 said:

The radiologist's report said

The radiologist's report said there were no lesions that showed on the MRI.  Just quoting verbatum from his report.

MRI

Typically, the biopsy report rules. The MRI just didn't pick up the Gleason 3+4 cancers. Moreover, an MRI only identifies locations that could be cancerous. One then has to follow up with a biopsy.

• Tech70
    edited March 2018 #7
    Old Salt said:

MRI

Typically, the biopsy report rules. The MRI just didn't pick up the Gleason 3+4 cancers. Moreover, an MRI only identifies locations that could be cancerous. One then has to follow up with a biopsy.

I think we're going in the

I think we're going in the same direction.  I agree that I have two lesions.  By saying no defined lesions, there isn't anything showing on the MRI that could be defined by fiducials that could be targeted by Cyber Knife.  I didn't know if that was a necessary criteria for CK treatment.  I now know it isn't.