Question in regards to pathologic stage

Steph85
Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member

Hey there! I found my pathology report and it said rcc stage 1 grade 2 T1a and NX. I was wondering if anyone had some info on "NX".. I know it means lymph nodes cannot be assessed. Is that because my lovely tumor wasn't near a lymph node or they just didn't biopsy it. Or however it works. I was just curious. . 

Thank you!

~Stephanie

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Pathology

The NX means the lab didn't have any lymph nodes to evaluate.  You doctor checked everything while you were in surgery.  Since he/she didn't see anything concerning he/she didn't send any to the lab.

Stub

• Steph85
    stub1969 said:

Pathology

The NX means the lab didn't have any lymph nodes to evaluate.  You doctor checked everything while you were in surgery.  Since he/she didn't see anything concerning he/she didn't send any to the lab.

Stub

Ahh.. Got it. Thank you for

Ahh.. Got it. Thank you for your reply!

• CarlosRosado
    CarlosRosado Member Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2018 #4
    I received a similar report .

I received a similar report ... good for us I guess. Do you have scheduled any treatment?

• Steph85

I received a similar report .

I received a similar report ... good for us I guess. Do you have scheduled any treatment?

I had my open partial

I had my open partial nephrectomy on 1/22/18. Nothing else. I'll have a scan done in 2 or 6 months. I see my urologist on tuesday for my 6 week chexk up. Do you have an oncologist? My urologist said it wasn't necessary.   Do you have treatment scheduled? I read your bio and my Mom passed away 2009 from esophageal cancer. I hate cancer! Its taken away so many loved ones in my life. Anyway,we"ll get througj it right ?! 

-stephanie

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    You will

those babies will have their Mummy for a long  time yet

its tough to lose your mother to that  very nasty cancer

but so pleasEd you are doing good and good news

Annie

• CarlosRosado
    CarlosRosado Member Posts: 88 Member
    Steph85 said:

I had my open partial

I had my open partial nephrectomy on 1/22/18. Nothing else. I'll have a scan done in 2 or 6 months. I see my urologist on tuesday for my 6 week chexk up. Do you have an oncologist? My urologist said it wasn't necessary.   Do you have treatment scheduled? I read your bio and my Mom passed away 2009 from esophageal cancer. I hate cancer! Its taken away so many loved ones in my life. Anyway,we"ll get througj it right ?! 

-stephanie

Mine was 2/12. My Urologist

Mine was 2/12. My Urologist told me that wasn’t necesary to see an oncologist but I made an appoitment to see him anyway on 3/12.  No treatment scheduled so far

I believe that because the word cancer was involved , need to pay a visit to an oncologist. My tumor was found because I pushed to hard for a full checkup.  Mine was found by accident... so I keep pushing