BENDA-R starting Monday

My mom (76) will be starting treatment this Monday after 2 years watch and wait with Mantle cell... Scared and anxious.
Scott

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member

Scott I couldn't easily locate your previous posts.

You may have already spoken with screen name illead here. If not, send her a CSN e-mail, since she and her husband Bill are our official/unofficial Mantle Cell experts.

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    edited January 2018 #3
    In touch

Hi Max, thanks for your kind words.  Yes I am in touch with Scott through priv mess, but I have been late in answering him so you got me going.  I just finished writing him.  Just so you know, Bill is really feeling good again.  It took awhile after his relapse but he is back to his old self, so as with everyone else we just keep on keeping on.

Thinking of you,

Becky

edited January 2018 #4
    illead said:

In touch

Hi Max, thanks for your kind words.  Yes I am in touch with Scott through priv mess, but I have been late in answering him so you got me going.  I just finished writing him.  Just so you know, Bill is really feeling good again.  It took awhile after his relapse but he is back to his old self, so as with everyone else we just keep on keeping on.

Thinking of you,

Becky

Great line

Super, Becky. Tell dear Bill I said hello.

You said "keep on keepin' on."  Bob Dylan has a great line in one of his hits:

The only thing I knew how ta do was ta keep on keepin' on on the avenue, tangled up in blue.

Hootie and the Blowfish later borrowed the refrain in a hit of their own.  Darius Rucker and the band began at USC/Columbia (SC), but did many of their early gigs in Chrleston, where I'm from, so it just stayed prominent with me.  Today Darius is a massive solo artists, and still frequents town.

Keep keepin on,

max

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member
    non-cancer comment

I love Darius' song Wagon Wheel. When we took a train trip last year I found myself thinking of this song as we "rocked" along the tracks.

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Hi Max

Sorry I forgot to reply,  My sister and I have been overwhelmed with trying to find my seriously Alzheimers father somewhere to stay.  We finally succeeded today, now holding our breath to see if they'll keep him (severe sundowners).  Anyway I never heard of Darius Rucker so I googled him and guess what?  He's playing at our big amphitheater in Aug.!

Becky

illead said:

Hi Max

Sorry I forgot to reply,  My sister and I have been overwhelmed with trying to find my seriously Alzheimers father somewhere to stay.  We finally succeeded today, now holding our breath to see if they'll keep him (severe sundowners).  Anyway I never heard of Darius Rucker so I googled him and guess what?  He's playing at our big amphitheater in Aug.!

Becky

Songs

Becky,

Darius, as I said, is now "Country," and a huge country hit.  He is one of the first huge black country music stars since the (also) black Charlie Pride made it big in country in the 1960s.  My mom had all of Charlie Pride's LPs, and I grew up listening to him as a kid in Charleston.

As I noted, Darius founded Hootie and the Blowfish, and you might be more familiar with them than with Darius as a solo act.  As I understand it, Darius is still a Charleston regular.  I hope you go to the event,

max

Darius in an outdoor concert in Charleston in 2006.  If link won't open, type in manually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NL5GtMgujk

• philr828
    philr828 Member Posts: 17

Great line

Super, Becky. Tell dear Bill I said hello.

You said "keep on keepin' on."  Bob Dylan has a great line in one of his hits:

The only thing I knew how ta do was ta keep on keepin' on on the avenue, tangled up in blue.

Hootie and the Blowfish later borrowed the refrain in a hit of their own.  Darius Rucker and the band began at USC/Columbia (SC), but did many of their early gigs in Chrleston, where I'm from, so it just stayed prominent with me.  Today Darius is a massive solo artists, and still frequents town.

Keep keepin on,

max

Hootie!

That is where i heard the name!! I wish he would come to the Albany, NY area this year

• philr828
    philr828 Member Posts: 17

Songs

Becky,

Darius, as I said, is now "Country," and a huge country hit.  He is one of the first huge black country music stars since the (also) black Charlie Pride made it big in country in the 1960s.  My mom had all of Charlie Pride's LPs, and I grew up listening to him as a kid in Charleston.

As I noted, Darius founded Hootie and the Blowfish, and you might be more familiar with them than with Darius as a solo act.  As I understand it, Darius is still a Charleston regular.  I hope you go to the event,

max

Darius in an outdoor concert in Charleston in 2006.  If link won't open, type in manually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NL5GtMgujk

Hootie!

That is where I heard the name!! I hope Darius comes to the Abany area this year