Nodules and unspecific abnormal finding within lung fields

calliegirl
calliegirl Member Posts: 54

Hello everyone...

I have a question and hoping I can get some advice/help/clarification as what to do....

I do not have a lung cancer dx, however I was dx with endometrial cancer with lymphovascular invasion , pathology report as of Dec 8, 2017.  I had a full radical hyst, removal of cervix, uterus, tubes and both ovaries.

My gyno/oncologist decided to go forward without further treatments and maintain my 3 month check up appointments.  My concern is 2 days before my surgery I had a CT scan of my lungs and pelvis / abdomen regions. My lungs, showed 2 - 3 mm nodules, one in lower left lobe and the other in upper middle right lobe, with also shadowing undetermined in the center of my lungs. I have a constant cough, dry cough and have been significantly weak, especially that I am still in recovery mode from the surgery.

My question...is it possible that these nodules are cancer related to the endometrial adenomcarcinoma? I was dx with Stage 1, with lymphovascular invasion.Endometrial cancer does spread to lungs...just concerned....

Suggestions, thoughts? Much appreciated. I hope everyone on here finds continual strength.

Comments

• Katmar
    Katmar Member Posts: 55
    These nodules are way too

These nodules are way too small to biopsy or determine anything. Most nodules are benign. I'm sure they will rescan you in 3-6 months to check them. Try not to worry. If they are anything serious, they have been caught very, very early. Usually cannot biopsy lung nodules til about 1cm. Wishing you the best!! Happy they caught your cancer early.

• calliegirl
    Katmar said:

These nodules are way too

These nodules are way too small to biopsy or determine anything. Most nodules are benign. I'm sure they will rescan you in 3-6 months to check them. Try not to worry. If they are anything serious, they have been caught very, very early. Usually cannot biopsy lung nodules til about 1cm. Wishing you the best!! Happy they caught your cancer early.

thank you

i will try my best not too worry...sometimes easier said then done...sigh

i'm going to wait on my march scan ...take it from there...

• Katmar
    Katmar Member Posts: 55
    edited February 2018 #4
    Always easier said than done.

Always easier said than done....but do your best to relax and recover from your Dec. surgery!!! You've been through enough!

• CancerAlk
    CancerAlk Member Posts: 4
    Nodules and unspecific abnormal finding within lung fields

They can test your biobsy from December 8th to confirm the origin of your cancer or if the endometrial is the primary cancer... 

• calliegirl
    Thank you ...

for all the response...i agree Katmar, they are definitely too small to biopsy...

yesterday, I got a copy of the my CT scan and this what the radiologist reported from the film findings:

The trachea and central airways are patent. There is biapical pleuroparenchymal scarring. 2 mm nodule right middle lobe, 3 mm nodule left lower lobe.

No consolidative opacity. ( not sure what that means???)

Impression:

Two discrete pulmonary nodules measuring up to 3 mm. Continued follow up CT scan is recommended to exclude metastatic disease.