Delayed healing R/T Chemo?

Sestra17
Sestra17 Member Posts: 68 Member

Hi All! New to the group and have a question. I had laparoscopic APR in October 2017. My perineal incision had almost quit draining until my 3rd round of chemo (Folfox6). Now I have daily bloody drainage and increased pain. My Oncologist doesn’t think it’s due to the chemo, but I’m not convinced. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Worriedchild
    Worriedchild Member Posts: 56
    Apr?

Apr?

• Sestra17
    Abdominal Perineal Resection.

• Sestra17
    edited January 2018 #4

• Worriedchild
    Get it checked by respective

Get it checked by respective surgeon because wound site is to be dealt by surgeon

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    edited January 2018 #6
    I agree with Worriedchild

Get it checked  by your surgeon, because something doesn't sound right..  I had an APR in October, started back on chemo  in November and never had an issue with  drainage.

• Sestra17
    Thank you, I was able to get

Thank you, I was able to get appointment with the surgeons’ Nurse Practitioner tomorrow.

• Worriedchild
    edited January 2018 #8
    Sestra17 said:

Thank you, I was able to get

Thank you, I was able to get appointment with the surgeons’ Nurse Practitioner tomorrow.

What did your surgeon say

• Sestra17

Thanks for urging me to see

Thanks for urging me to see surgeon. Turns out it is an abscess with small fistula. Interventional radiology tried to put a drain in, but it is too superficial. So back to surgeon next week, he wants to make fistula bigger to facilitate drainage of the abscess. He also put me on two antibiotics. Just upset because my chemo is postponed until the abscess is resolved.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Sestra17 said:

Thanks for urging me to see surgeon. Turns out it is an abscess with small fistula. Interventional radiology tried to put a drain in, but it is too superficial. So back to surgeon next week, he wants to make fistula bigger to facilitate drainage of the abscess. He also put me on two antibiotics. Just upset because my chemo is postponed until the abscess is resolved.

Ouch!

I am glad you asked the questions and got the answers.  It all sounds awful, but you will be better off after it is all taken care of. 

tru

• Worriedchild
    Sestra17 said:

Get well soon

Love and prayers :)

• Sestra17
    edited February 2018 #12
    Thank you all for support and

Thank you all for support and good wishes.