Concerning Results

AnnissaP
AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member

So I had bloodwork today and here are the results..

Blood Creatinine High at 130 (norm 50-100)

Urine Creatinine Low at 2.0 (norm 2.5-20.0)

eGFR Low at 45

Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Low at 8 (norm 12-37)

As you may have read I have had horrible nausea for 6 wks since surgery. I read this is a symptom of high creatinine. Anyway, any thoughts? Hopefully I hear from my doctor regarding the results.

Thanks.

Comments

• AnnissaP
    Also, has anyone else had

Also, has anyone else had results like this and if so what did it mean for you??

• Manufred
    Manufred Member Posts: 241 Member
    Blood Results

Annissa,

You are now running on only one kidney, so it may take a little time for your body to adjust. The "normal" levels  you have quoted are for normal people with 2 kidneys, and your therapists will have to work out what is now the normal range for you.  Since having a kidney removed in 2012, I have not been able to get my Blood Creatine much below 110-120, no matter how much water I drink (which will help) but no-one seems all that concerned about it.

I don't think a moderately low eGFR is a big problem either - mine is usually between 51 and 61, but of-course you should ask your physician(s).  

GGT is more related to liver performance, and because I do drink mine is usually a bit high.  Again, a GGT of 8 is probably no great cause for concern.

I hope things settle down for you. Best wishes for the festive season.

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    edited December 2017 #4
    Hi Annissa

For comparison.

4th April 2017 (2 months after surgery) :-

Serum creatinine 109 umol/L (now 116, was 125 in June)

eGFR 65 mL/min (now 61)

GGT 24 U/L (now 28)

Urine creatinine unknown.

I have not had any nausea.

I think a low GGT is a good thing. As for eGFR, 45 will be much better than the worst in this forum.

Steve.

• AnnissaP
    Thanks guys! This is all new

Thanks guys! This is all new to me so I had no idea. Merry Christmas!

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Annissa, sorry you are having

Annissa, sorry you are having nausea! What does your surgeon say?

Jan

• AnnissaP
    edited December 2017 #7
    Jan4you said:

Annissa, sorry you are having

Annissa, sorry you are having nausea! What does your surgeon say?

Jan

My fam dr thinks it is a

My fam dr thinks it is a symptom of anxiety and that it will pass!!

• Jan4you
    Sorry I say bah humbug re:

Sorry I say bah humbug re: your primary's feedback. Your body went through major surgery, shock and is trying to regulate and heal itself. Anxiety most likely is NOT the cause. 

Gosh I wish you could see a nutritionist (not a dietician). 

They can find exactly what you are missing, or toxic from and help you.

Jan

• Jan4you
    Well let me re-think my

Well let me re-think my question. Are you worrying all the time that you have lost your appitite?

Does your anxiety affect your every day activities? If the nausea goes away when you are doing something

else, enjoying other things, then "maybe" its anxiety. Unless all that is true, my gut still says no, Annissa!

Jan

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    Test results

Welcome to the new "normal"...whatever that may be.  eGFR also gets lower aw we age, AND have only one kidney.  So a 38-41 for me is my normal!  Creatanine is a byproduct of protein being digested, and excess cratanine is filtered out by the kidney.  That means it's doing it's job.

Don't worry, be happy...as the song says.

Hugs for the Holidays

donna_lee

• Manufred
    Manufred Member Posts: 241 Member
    Eat less Meat

Donna has reminded me of the advice I was given, to limit my protein intake.  That will help with the creatinine.

You'll be OK.

• AnnissaP
    Jan4you said:

Well let me re-think my

Well let me re-think my question. Are you worrying all the time that you have lost your appitite?

Does your anxiety affect your every day activities? If the nausea goes away when you are doing something

else, enjoying other things, then "maybe" its anxiety. Unless all that is true, my gut still says no, Annissa!

Jan

Jan, I actually am not

Jan, I actually am not worried about much these days!! I honestly feel amazing!! Life is different and I am so thankful for all of the changes and lessons learned. I too think it is from the surgery since I had it from day 1. It has gotten better the last few days so I am happy about that. Thank you and everyone else for answering. Oh and I will check in to seeing a nutritionist!!

• AnnissaP
    Manufred said:

Eat less Meat

Donna has reminded me of the advice I was given, to limit my protein intake.  That will help with the creatinine.

You'll be OK.

Good idea!!! Thanks.

Good idea!!! Thanks.

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    eGFR

45 is not bad after what youve been through. I’ve been as low as 22, although I everage in the 40s. BP can effect it, dehydration can effect it. These numbers aren’t bad.